23 Yr Old Personal Trainer with a weight problem!

Options
I have ALWAYS been overweight.. That is why I got my personal training certification. I thought it would be a great motivator and a easy way to get myself in the groove of losing weight. Unfortunately it has not been the case. So I thought I would give this place a shot and try and get a support group to keep my mentality in the right place. I have lots of education as far as HOW to do it.. now its just a matter of DOING it. I'd love to make a group of friends on here! I have no problem sharing my knowledge to help others and would love to hear what others have to say to help me on my way to my goal of losing 90 pounds!

Replies

• EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

What a great idea becoming a personal trainer to keep your weight under control. You can add me if you like. I'm always after motivational new friends!!
  • rebeccastringer
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a firend. Im 24 and looking to lose 18kg(40lb). Feel free to add me as a friend and will help support each other :)
  • fitsize12
    Options
    Bizarre can always do with a knowledgeable buddy. How do you motivate your clients?
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Best way to motivate is setting goals, planning well a head, and having somebody to rely on to meet you at the gym so you have no excuse to miss your work out. A few other great ways to get people motivated it so continually change their work outs every month or few months depending on the person. Everyone has a different requirement when it comes to keeping motivated its all about talking with that person and finding their "spot." Its a lot harder to do when you are on your own.. so find a friend or someone you can rely on to find what you need for motivation.
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    Awesome have added you :) I want to lose abut 165 pounds (we use kg here so that's about 70kg?).
    Is a huge picture so little bits at a time.
    SUPPORT IS GOOOOOD !!
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You know what they say... Knowledge is power. Add me as a friend. We can support each other!!!
  • JessicaEPope
    JessicaEPope Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congrats on becoming a personal trainer! Feel free to add me if you'd like another friend!

The thing thats helping me most with MFP is having to log everything I eat and how much i exercise every day so i can keep seeing what I'm doing, if I'm eating too much rubbish etc...and not working out enough.

Starting was the hardest for me, I knew what I wanted to do but just took a bit of courage to just go for it. Guess I was scared I'd fail to be honest but a few months down the line and I've lost a bit of weight and I'm still going. Getting somebody to work out with you would be a great idea if you need that extra support. Personally I've bought a few home workout dvds and use them for fear of other people seeing me looking a bit crazy at the gym haha (and it saves money!)

Good luck on your journey, take care :) xxx
  • jeffwaller3
    Options
    90 lbs is easy. You just need to focus on your goal. But always remember that losing weight needs discipline and determination too. If you're not determined to lose weight then you will not be able to reach your goal. There are foods that help you lose weight, you might need to try them as well.

http://www.weightlosingportal.com/foods-that-help-you-lose-weight/
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ill have to check them out, thanks! Starting is easy for me.. its keeping with it. After two months it goes downhill, so when it comes to then I gotta keep keepin on!