Tips for sweets

Options
I have gained some pounds due to stress and now back on my weight loss journey … it’s only been two weeks but started to have a sweet craving a bit … what can I eat

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Anything you’d like, just make it fit in your calorie goal. I save 300ish calories for dessert every night because I freak out and none C of I try to cut chocolate and ice cream completely out of my daily diet.
  • jacksonamber006
    Options
    Suger free candies and no sugar added are my go to. I really enjoy Lily's chocolate and I use Birch Bender's mixes to make sweet cakes
  • christaballgran
    Options
    Unreal dark chocolate minis. One to satisfy a sweet craving. Protein bars can be like a desert while at the same time giving you protein. But always stay within your calories
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,175 Member
    Options
    For some people, eating more fruit lessens their sugary cravings.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke and sugar free gum help me. I’ll admit though I’m more tempted by a bag of chips and salsa! But a Diet Coke and chewing gum helps if I just feel snacky but not really hungry.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    I agree with all of the above. If you are choosing to not eat sugar then I have these other alternatives:

Water with fruit or vegetables added, such as: cucumber, lemon or strawberries.

Rooibos tea has a sweetness without calories.

Tea with cinnamon or clove or allspice. Also give a sweetness with no calories.

Patience is a virtue. The longer you go without sugary sweats, the less the cravings will be. You will get to a point when a sugary sweat will be too sweat for you.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different, but making it a point to routinely eat more fruit helped me reduce cravings for less nutrient-dense sweets like candy and baked goods.

It'll vary locally, but right now here, local peaches and melons are really great right now, and we're just starting into early apple and pear season. I like some dried (no sugar added) fruits, too, but it's important to manage the portion size and drink water (or something like that) alongside, in order for it to be filling. The sweetness is more concentrated, though. Personally, I especially like prunes and mangos, but that's probably an individual thing.
  • michaelmac81
    michaelmac81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A zero cal soda works for me. Or peanut butter on rice cakes
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    I LOVE rice cakes with peanut butter, butter, and honey or peanut butter, cheese, and apple, but because I am trying to limit calories and fat (the latter due to a medical condition) my sweet rice cake treat is with low fat cream cheese and whatever my favorite jam happens to be.

My savory rice cake snack is low fat cream cheese, capers, and smoked salmon.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    For some people, eating more fruit lessens their sugary cravings.

Me!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Sugar free pudding mix + Greek yogurt (lemon is fabulous, esp with a 15 cal squirt of whipped cream)

Sugar free vanilla pudding mix+can of pumpkin purée+ pie spice + yogurt

Sweet balsamic vinegar on cottage cheese and fruit, preferably with a few grams of grape nuts

Fresh fruit

Trader Joe’s has a very sweet fruit rill or leather that’s about 40 calories

Meringue cookies

Smoothie : 2c cashew almond milk, 1 serving cottage cheese, any chocolate zero cal skinny syrup flavor, 2 serving s Naked peanut butter powder, mixed and then add ice and pulverize to smoothie

Coffee, 1/2c cashew almond milk, 1/2 serving skinny syrup, and ice for a great sweet 12 calorie iced coffee. Or frappe it in a blender.

Cake batter pancakes juiced with with liquid egg, liquid and powdered plain whey and cottage cheese, brushed with Greek cream cheese, and a splash of chocolate or caramel zero cal syrup

Homemade ice cream: sugar free pudding of your choice, skyr or Greek yogurt, water, and whatever else you desire to add, mixed in your Donvier or Ninja Creami, topped with whip cream, a maraschino cherry or two, and sprinkles (all of which are low cal)

Homemade vanilla ice cream and diet Barq’s float
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I like to have Medjool dates on hand for when I have a sugar craving. They are around 50 cals per, are very filling and full of nutrition.