Fast Metabolism Diet

Options
Anyone currently doing this plan by Haley Pomroy?

Replies

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Having looked at it, heck no. She looks like a total quack - your metabolism is not something that needs to be "healed". It's always working just to keep you alive. The more you move, the more energy you burn. There's no other way, really, to have a "faster" metabolism. And your metabolism will "slow down" as you lose weight, just because you have less body weight to shift around, so you naturally expend less energy existing.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    In addition to what @courtscan2 said...I had to Google it because I'd never heard of it. The first 10 days are some sort of "detox" or "cleanse." That's a HYOUGE red flag. Unless you have a condition where your liver is no longer functioning, your body already has a perfectly good system for "detoxing." Any sort of diet that promotes detoxes/cleanses...that's really just a euphemism for laxatives. So, yeah, pooping your brains out will cause a short-term drop on the scale, but...uhm...yeah, hard pass. Throwing back bottles of magnesium citrate will accomplish the exact same thing, but for pennies on the dollar, it just doesn't have a cutesy-wutsey name. So AFTER you spend a lot of quality time on the toilet, then you get to spend an absolutely ridiculous amount of money on some special shakes - I clicked on one out of curiosity and it actually claims "adrenal repair"? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Adrenal fatigue is a myth.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you want a faster metabolism just eat more and gain weight.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,918 Member
    Options
    3 phases looking at adrenals, pH balance and fat burning. While the foods are at least whole the rest of the diet like many others, just tries to baffle people with impressive scientific terminology, while at the same time makes as much scientific sense as hitting yourself on the head with a ball peen hammer. This diet is a fail but an 8/10 for comedy relief. cheers
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    Anyone currently doing this plan by Haley Pomroy?

I hope you're not feeling personally attacked by the negative comments about this diet. It's not personal - it's just that many of us have seen so many fad diets come and go (and have even tried them) before finding a more sustainable approach to weight loss and maintenance.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,994 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

or overdose on Thyroid medication....

* facetious comment, do not really do this :o
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Hailed as "the metabolism whisperer"... Nope 🙅‍♀️
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    The plan is just for you to pay for their expensive program so they can make a ton of money. Weight loss is basic math. Calories in/calories out. Just burn more than you consume.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

or overdose on Thyroid medication....

* facetious comment, do not really do this :o

It's also quite useful for house cleaning. Seriously, on those days where I accidentally took a double dose because I forgot the first my house miraculously gets clean! :D