How do i stop eating whoppers?

Options
felisfelix
felisfelix Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
I am addicted to whoppers and cigars. Please help me, I am in need of anti whopper therapy

Replies

• willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Portion them out. Separate them as soon as you buy them. I portion my snacks into little baggies as soon as I bring them home. That way, I know exactly how many I eat. A little tip that helps me is, I don't need to eat a full serving to be satisfied. Half of a serving is fine for me. You have to discipline yourself to be strong and stick with it. It's just about setting a pattern, getting into the happen. Wane yourself off of it slowly. You also can eat them only to reward yourself for reaching a goal, like losing 2 pounds or going a week without eating any Whoppers. You'll enjoy them more if you don't eat them every day.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Ha--I thought the "Whopper" was a McD hamburger. Some posters seem to think they are the malted milk chocolate covered balls. Which are you "addicted" to OP? Your advice will vary a bit depending on which one it is.

Burger King...
    Don't eat cigars OP
  • harrisonchahal
    harrisonchahal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cut them in half. Pour salt over one half... all over it so it's inedible. Eat the other half.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Ha--I thought the "Whopper" was a McD hamburger. Some posters seem to think they are the malted milk chocolate covered balls. Which are you "addicted" to OP? Your advice will vary a bit depending on which one it is.

Burger King...
    Don't eat cigars OP

I stand dully corrected--I guess I've lived in Italy too long...... AND OP, I haven't had a Big Mac or Whopper in years. Have never smoked a cigar. You can live without.
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    When I want something sweet I eat a dill pickle. Join the fitness pal community “No Late Night Snacking” turn it into “No snacking”
    Accountability. Cause and effect to any action.
  • Hollis300
    Hollis300 Posts: 59 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Agree with this -- are your Whoppers the giant hamburgers or the candy?

Either way, catch yourself craving them or about to buy one and look at your attitude -- you don't have to go with that attitude. You can change gears and walk away. Cravings always go away if you wait them out or do something else.
  • Hollis300
    Hollis300 Posts: 59 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hollis300 wrote: »

Agree with this -- are your Whoppers the giant hamburgers or the candy?

Either way, catch yourself craving them or about to buy one and look at your attitude -- you don't have to go with that attitude. You can change gears and walk away. Cravings always go away if you wait them out or do something else.

If the Whoppers are candy, the next time you buy a box, stop when you leave the store, open the box and eat one candy on the sidewalk, and pour the rest in a public trashcan. Read the calories etc. on the back and remind yourself, "I am not a trashcan."
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Can’t say I can give you the best advice on how to stop eating whoppers, however, I quit smoking 16 years ago. I started cutting back on smoking and making it inconvenient. I could only smoke standing outside by the garage, no matter what the weather or time of day. I know in order to change a habit you have to tell yourself that you no longer do that—I used to do that, I don’t do that now. The last time I smoked was at a funeral. I hadn’t smoked in over a year and I bummed a few cigarettes. Later I realized that cigarettes gave me a headache and I hated the smoke, plus I smelled like smoke, yuck. I’ve never wanted to smoke again. Why can’t I do that with food? Well, actually, I can do that on a limited basis. I no longer stop at fast food restaurants. I tell myself I can make food that tastes a whole lot better than that. And really, if I don’t want to cook, I’d rather go out to a restaurant that has good food, where I can sit down and enjoy the time with friends and family. Stay strong!