Searching Only Recent Foods on the Website

In the app, when adding food to my food diary, I can easily search "recent," "frequent," "recipes," etc. for items in those lists without searching the entire myfitnesspal food database, making it easy to find the foods I'm looking for. BUT on the website, the only search bar I see searches the entire food database and NOT just within the recent, frequent, etc. categories, making it very difficult to quickly add the foods that I use a lot. I can scroll down through the lists of recent, etc. foods but there are often several pages and it takes forever to find what I want. Why isn't there an easy and fast way to search just within these categories like there is in the app? I end up doing this weird juggling routine between my laptop and my phone just to add the foods I use all the time. Is there a way to do it that I'm just missing? TIA

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,738 Member
    In this part of the Community, you're just talking to other MFP users. We don't usually have good insights about why MFP's software is designed the way it is. The MFP staff don't read all of the posts here - there a hundreds to thousands daily, so it would be impossible for them to keep up.

If you want to suggest your idea as a feature upgrade to web MFP - which seems reasonable - the place to post about it would be here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/feature-suggestions-and-ideas

The MFP staff read that area.
  • brandon465
    brandon465 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for the reply @AnnPT77! I was actually hoping there was something I was missing -- a way to perform the "add food" search on the web using my recent foods, etc. I will gladly re-post to the suggestions area if this is not already a feature, but can you verify that there is currently no way to do this?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,738 Member
    brandon465 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply @AnnPT77! I was actually hoping there was something I was missing -- a way to perform the "add food" search on the web using my recent foods, etc. I will gladly re-post to the suggestions area if this is not already a feature, but can you verify that there is currently no way to do this?

I know of no way to do what you're suggesting, in the web version of MFP, if I correctly understand what you'd like.

That's a little different than "verifying that there's currently no way to do this". I'm a long time user, quite familiar with MFP (web & Android app), but I don't know everything. 😉