Not eating canned veggies anymore!

Options
13»

Replies

• nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I am never eating canned spinach again.. Seriously!! That is so sick..
  • gggivens
    gggivens Posts: 46
    Options
    I opened up a can of creamed corn once to put it in my chipotle chicken chowder, and I am glad that I looked at it first.....cuz it was PURPLE!!

I wrote to Libby's to tell them, and all I got was 4 coupons for a free can of whatever, whatever size. I think I should have told them that my son ate it and got sick...maybe would have gotten a bit more. But that is not me- honest to a fault I am.

Anyway- you can bet that I look at every can of creamed corn very closely from now on.

153131.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I was gonna be good last night and eat some spinach. It was canned but i always drain and rinse. Well I opened it and there was a big grass hopper!!:sick:

That just makes you wanna have a canned veggie!:grumble:
    man thats nasty!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i heard about how many nasty things they 'allow' in food such has candy. when i had first heard about this, i went to the movies sometime soon after wards. i was eating a box of 'nestle crunch bites' and couldnt even swallow the handfull i threw in my mouth. all i could think of was the rice was dead bug bodies! maybe because it was dark in there, but i dont know. i gave them away. :sick:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I dont think fp has grasshoppers listed in calorie count...anyone know how many calories for one?
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Um, EW!

That reminds me of 'Caramel Apple Pops' (those suckers that come out right around Halloween). They used to be my husbands favorite... UNTIL... One day he was eating one when suddenly he felt a bump on the sucker. He pulled it out of his mouth and inside of the candy apple part was a BUG!!! Ewwwww. It kind of looked like an ant... He was SO disgusted. I called Tootsie Roll (who makes the candy) and they apologized profusely and offered to send us a free case. I had to hang up because I was laughing so hard. Seriously, my husband just ate a bug that came out of your candy and you want us to have a free case? Thanks but NO!

If I were you I would try calling anyway though. It never hurts, and besides, the company should know that their manufacturing standards are not quite up to par.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    ooh that is really nasty!!
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I FOUND A WORM IN A CAN OF CORN ONE TIME AND WASN'T ABLE TO EAT CAN CORN FOR A WHILE.:sick:
  • jmagnesi
    jmagnesi Posts: 15
    Options
    thats gross but i found a good sized peice of glass in a bag of frozen broclii once
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Options
    You may want to consider reporting it to the FDA/state health. Don't get rid of the can/bug/spinach. Even better try a CNN i-report and get some national attention on the manufacture.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    It was Del Monte and I am going to contact them.:angry: It would have been better if it was fresh this big thing was cooked.

EWWWWWWWWWWWW, I am NOT going to eat that anymore, YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Talk about getting the butt end of the deal!!!! That's just gross!

ROFFLE

"Mama, lookit! There's a grasshopper butt in our spinach!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I am never eating canned spinach again.. Seriously!! That is so sick..

Me either, it is so disgusting
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    I called and reported it. They need the bug so I have to send it to them. :sick: She then asked if there was anything she could do to "get our trust back as customers":laugh: They are gonna send me some coupons.:huh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's extra protein. :bigsmile: I've actually eaten bugs before...crickets, meal worms, ants...most of them taste pretty good really.