Carb Cycling

Options
shawndellwilson6218
shawndellwilson6218 Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2022 in Food and Nutrition
I’m new to this. Any suggestions on meal planning?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    It might help if you told people about yourself and why you want to do carb cycling and what you are expecting to benefit from it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    Sit down on Sunday and pre-log? I agree with sijomial - carb cycling is a very specific "plan" and there isn't really a weightloss benefit to it, so - just make your own food plan.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    agree with above. No need to carb cycle unless you have a specific reason to. Weight loss is all about calorie deficit on a consistent basis.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I heretoforthwith grant you permission to eat a balanced variety of foods, mostly plants, mostly not-heavily-processed, that you personally enjoy eating on a regular basis. Whenever it makes the most sense for you to do so, with however many carbs you find satisfying at any given time. Because there is probably not any real reason for you to attempt carb cycling. Unless a real medical doctor or certified dietician told you to do so.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I heretoforthwith grant you permission to eat a balanced variety of foods, mostly plants, mostly not-heavily-processed, that you personally enjoy eating on a regular basis. Whenever it makes the most sense for you to do so, with however many carbs you find satisfying at any given time. Because there is probably not any real reason for you to attempt carb cycling. Unless a real medical doctor or certified dietician told you to do so.

And if a real medical doctor or certified dietician told you to do so, get a meal plan from them.