Lost weight but still feel heavy…

Options
While running or jumping. I’m getting back into throwing events and I work out but when it’s time for jumping or running I still feel like I’m overweight. Help please! Tina

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Feels aren't always reality. Are you actually overweight?
  • knotmel
    knotmel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a few thoughts, but am not sure if they’re relevant without more information. First, you say you’re getting back into these activities—could it be you have lost some strength or activity-specific fitness from your time away and just need more training to feel stronger? Second, are you fueling these activities well? When I try to run when under-fueled, my legs can feel like they weigh a million pounds.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to build up strength in those activities. If you've lost muscle tone since you did them (and losing muscle is almost inevitable when you're losing weight) then what you're actually feeling is that of not being as strong as last time you did it. Keep up with it, and maybe look into some strength training.
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I had covid over a month ago and my legs still feel like lead. My doctor said this is common and can last up to six months. Just thought I would mention it in case you have had a recent case of covid.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    titus2cat wrote: »
    I had covid over a month ago and my legs still feel like lead. My doctor said this is common and can last up to six months. Just thought I would mention it in case you have had a recent case of covid.

Oh lordy, yes, this too. I had it late July and you're right - my limbs feel twice as heavy and it's only slowly getting better. Good point.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    Just remember feelings aren't facts.

Curious, you mentioned "throwing" - Highland Games type throwing?