So. Frigging. Close.

MerinneW
MerinneW Posts: 71 Member
Oh man, there has been a LOT of waiting and striving and falling off the wagon along the way, but today the scale said 9 st 8.5 lbs - just one and a half pounds from goal, and almost 2 stone down from my heaviest (11st 7lbs)!

I'm feeling like crap today (serious cold, aches and pains etc) and want nothing more than to curl up with a sticky toffee pudding and a pint of beer. But I won't. I'm going to keep on keeping on, because in a few days time, I will have achieved something I've been working on for - oh my God, I cannot even believe how long. Years.

I know it's only weight. I know that to a great extent it's vanity. I know there are far more important things in life. And I know 1.5lbs here or there does not really signify - I'm there, as good as, it's not like I'll look spectacularly different when the scale finally shows 9.7. And I know that we're all skinny when we're dead.

But I really feel like this has been the hardest thing I've ever done, and the symbolism of Getting To Goal - of actually having set myself a target and not giving up or settling, but having achieved it - will mean a LOT to me. More even than the delightful fact that my clothes are all too big now, particularly the ones I had to stop wearing for years because they were too small :smile:

The number is arbitrary; but achieving the goal says so much about my ability to persevere, to value myself, and to keep my promises to myself.

Once I get there (I finally, really believe I will get there, and soon, I can almost see it!), I won't just quit - the Dukan diet, with its 4 bajillion stages, will see to that, at least as far as controlling my intake goes! And I have a dream to take my nine and a half stone of squishy flesh and firm it up with cycling, swimming and weights. But I will be giving myself one decadent reward meal, and will be unashamedly proud of myself for climbing this godforsaken hill at last, at 30.

I cannot weight to tick this off!

Replies

• fourterrys
    fourterrys Posts: 90 Member
    Congratulations! And yes- sounds like you have the right attitude- you WILL reach your goal! Good luck, congrats, and hope you feel better soon!!!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Very, very well done! Beautifully articulated :-)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    You really will get there. Stay strong and stay patient :)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Keep up the good work
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    You'll do it! Great work!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    You are a very positive person. I wish I felt this way at/near goal :)
  • MerinneW
    MerinneW Posts: 71 Member
    Oh wow. Just went to view comments on a new post bewailing my current lack of willpower, and saw this :O I had LITERALLY FORGOTTEN I had ever managed to get this slim. I'd dream of being 11st something now :neutral: But if I did it then, surely I can do it now.
  • newHampshirite
    newHampshirite Posts: 180 Member
    Yes you can!
  • maobutnotayt
    maobutnotayt Posts: 1 Member
    You´ve got this!! Keep on workin´ and you´ll be relaxing in a fancy restaurant with a toned bod in no time!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!