Hello! Any exercise motives !

Options
Just wandering if anyone has any exercise tips that worked best for them. With a 2 1/2 year old I find it hard to make time for myself. He keeps me on the run all day and when he's down for a nap, I don't want to do anything but sit here!

Replies

• meldesk23
    Options
    Just wandering if anyone has any exercise tips that worked best for them. With a 2 1/2 year old I find it hard to make time for myself. He keeps me on the run all day and when he's down for a nap, I don't want to do anything but sit here!
  • Water•Baby
    Options
    I love to walk, especially when the weather is good. Could you put your baby in a stroller and go out for a 20-30 minute walk? How about a gym where they have child care?

I'm trying to make better use of my time when I'm watching tv at night - so do some ab work or use small weights for my arms. Every little bit helps.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    its hard but when the 3 year old is asleep at night, I do a dvd.. I never want to..but I make myself do it... and I tell myself I am gonna stay fat.. ha.. nights I dont have class I take her on a walk in the stroller.. she weighs about 40lbs so pushing her uphill gives me a whole body workout
  • astarte09
    Options
    repost
  • astarte09
    Options
    oops
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yah, getting started is the hardest part. I understand how tired you are (I have four children) but if you can juuuust get started, it'll go easier! And once you see the results you'll be eager to keep at it!

Some days I whine inside my head, "I can't doooo 45 minutes on this elliptical!" and then I quickly tell myself, "Geez, would you just shut up and DO it!"

And when I finish I always acknowledge that I did it even though I didn't want to. :tongue:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Don't just sit there when he goes down for a nap- use that as your time- Kids make you busy but you can even workout while he is awake- I have 2 kids and a fulltime job with a needy husband and we hit the gym 4-5 days a week--

There are also great dvds you can do at home if you can't get to the gym-- You could put your child in a stroller and strap on some skates- or go for a jog- put him in one of those bike thingys (the 1st or 2nd stage peddling bike with the arm off the back for you to push and hit the street so he is playing and getting a ride while your working out-- have him walk too he is 2 1/2 so I know he must have energy--