New here. Hi!

Options
55,male, 5'9. Was in may '22, 283lbs. Been on a 1200 calorie diet, no red meat, bread, dairy and of course nothing processed. As of September 23rd I'm at 198lbs my target is 185 pounds. I do also take several supplements.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,576 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Are you saying you’ve lost 85 pounds in four months? And you’re male and only eating 1200 calories?

Hats off for will and determination, but that’s a very very dangerously fast loss and low calorie threshold.

At that level, you’re losing muscle and the most important muscle in your body is your heart.

Beating yourself into quick weight loss only to come out the other side with a heart condition is not a good plan.

And people who lose that quickly often put it right back on, when their willpower and motivation inevitably dry up.

This is a really good time to reel it in and eat more sensibly.

Good grief, I am a 60 year old female and I maintain at hundreds and hundreds more calories than that. I lost nearly 100, and at no point did I ever eat less than 1470, and even that for only a month or two til someone set me straight.

Saying this with much love and concern.
  • Jacki916W
    Jacki916W Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more with @springlering62. Please don't rush the process, you'll only make it worse for yourself in the end. Go slow so the changes you're making are something you can live with HEALTHILY for a lifetime. You can't do what you're doing for a lifetime. 💕
  • JDavidPugh
    JDavidPugh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I will concur with everone else on this one........
    You may want to get an analysis scale to see what your really losing at that rate......
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,576 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    JDavidPugh wrote: »
    I will concur with everone else on this one........
    You may want to get an analysis scale to see what your really losing at that rate......

The analysis scales are not very accurate. I could show you the “trend” graphs on mine and you’d laugh.

I do an annual DEXA scan, which is supposed to be the gold standard of accuracy, and my scale has never matched any of the numbers on the DEXA.

Coincidentally I had a scan last week, and the scale was 10 points off on body fat percentage the DEXA recorded.

If I was sporting the body fat % my scale shows, I’d be stacked like @JBanx256 and fightin’ em off with a stick.
  • JDavidPugh
    JDavidPugh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The analysis scales are not very accurate. I could show you the “trend” graphs on mine and you’d laugh.

The better ones are pretty decent.........and the trend is what you are really after.......