Losing 65 lbs is expensive!

13»

Replies

• AngWBald
    AngWBald Posts: 59 Member
    edited September 2022
    I found buying from Thrift stores helped me with the clothes expense. I know some people don't like buying second hand stuff. But some of the clothes are not so bad. You can always donate them back as you lose your weight. Two years ago I donated 4 bags of clothes of the large size garbage bag. As I was going through my pockets I found a 20 dollar bill in one of my pants. I have a habit of putting my money in my pockets and forgetting about it.
  • You got that right! As I was shrinking, I was buying new pants. Now I have pants that wore only a few times and they don't fit! And I have more to lose. I told my boss that until I stop losing weight I plan on wearing jeans to work. Walmart jeans are cheap.... Good problem to have indeed....also an expensive one. :)
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    I'm down 109 with 50 to go. I'm literally just buying pants/shirts with draw strings until I reach my goal. My closet is empty lol
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    Now, get rid of your big clothes and vow to never go back!

I think this was what my problem was both times I lost weight. I didn't believe I'd keep it off and saved my clothes. This time if it doesn't fit it's out the door with it!!
  • vickiecarroll528
    vickiecarroll528 Posts: 12 Member
    I have clothes saved in smaller sizes, so that hasn't been a problem. But nnderwear is totally so expensive! Bras especially. AND my shoes are too big now!
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,365 Member
    The price you pay for being not well is a lot higher than the “good expense” of buying a few new or thrifted clothes.
  • cherylscott4
    cherylscott4 Posts: 23 Member
    I kept my old clothes: so I could shop in my closet. Now if I loss anymore weight I will have to go shopping.
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 132 Member
    edited October 2022
    Yes. That's one of the outcomes of losing weight. I had a couple of items I really liked, so I had them altered to fit my new size. That's a little cheaper than buying all new clothes. But I think the new wardrobe is a reminder of the new path you took to reach the new you. Congratulations. Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!