Turbo Jammers 3/9-3/15

Options

Replies

• amanda15
    amanda15 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hello ladies! I JUST got my dvds yesterday and JUST signed up for mfp! I was going to go home today and just watch the first video Learn something...lol But I'm really tempted to give it a go! Maybe the kids will do it with me. :) Hope you all don't mind me joining in. I need some support to stay motivated.

Anyone work outside of the home? I have 4 kids in the house (2 mine 2 my fiance's) and I have an hour commute to & from work. So, any easy prep meals would be MUCH appreciated. Going to look at the recipe section in a bit.
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hello ladies! I JUST got my dvds yesterday and JUST signed up for mfp! I was going to go home today and just watch the first video Learn something...lol But I'm really tempted to give it a go! Maybe the kids will do it with me. :) Hope you all don't mind me joining in. I need some support to stay motivated.

Anyone work outside of the home? I have 4 kids in the house (2 mine 2 my fiance's) and I have an hour commute to & from work. So, any easy prep meals would be MUCH appreciated. Going to look at the recipe section in a bit.

Hi Amanda!
    Welcome to MFP and especially to this thread...It ROCKS! :drinker: You'll definitely find all the support you need here. I work from home and have 2 kids and 6 step kids...so that's my crazy part. I know some of the other ladies work outside the home and most have kids...so we're all a busy crew! We'll be looking forward to hear about your experience with Turbo Jam...I'm sure you'll love it as much as we do!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Family,
    hope everybody is feeling good today and getting your workouts in!! I overslept this morning and only got in 20 min TJ before work but I plan on 20minTJ and Sculpt on for tonight. Really trying to commit to the scupting. I do have a firm hard core fusion DVD that's 60 min of aerobics w/ weights that I haven't touched in forever (since I got TJ, lol!!) Maybe I'll dust that off and give it a try... We'll see - no matter, I'm doing something!!
    Drevansmom - Happy Anniversay, you newlywed!! That's awesome!! I try not to get my expectations too high on the "Big Days" because iinvariable set myself up to get upset. As I was reading your post I couldn't help but think about my own household. We've only been married 4 1/2 years now and we have no children. Both of us work demanding jobs outside of the home but I am the one who ends up with all of the unpopular tasks .... you know, like laundry, cooking, drycleaners, grocery shopping, cooking, trash,taking the dogs (5 of them) to the vet/groomers, seeing that the bills get paid, yard work as needed,( Gee, i'm tired just reading that:laugh: ). The things we do to keep our homes running in a smooth and orderly fashion~ I think of it as a labor of love:heart: Most of the time I can navigate with a smile but some days it's more of a challenge. What helps me is to make a gratitude list ~ (ie:how wonderful to have a husband who loves you, beautiful children who depend on you for love and care, a stable home, work to do, friends, your health and strength and I'm sure many other intangible things on the inside that make you the unique and amazing woman you are.) Cheer up! Like Chalene says at the end of CP2 (I think) "you have so much to be happy about!" She's absolutely right.

And if that doesn't work my second favorite thing that helps is to repeat "This to shall pass" .....until it does:wink: . And it always does:flowerforyou:
    Gottaluv- Happy Birthday!!! Hope you enjoy your day!

Amanda - welcome I have so good ideas for meals because I work out of the home too and my commute is 1hour and 20 min, so I understand!:smile: This post is so long but I'll shoot you a few in another email.

Hope everyone I missed is having a wonderful day.
    Catch you all later

Janet
  • cmaster13
    Options
    Hello Turbo Jammers,
    I am considering purchasing turbo jam but I am not sure what package to get. There are "turbo jam maximum results" and "turbo jam fat burning elite". I am 39 and already fairly fit. My first goal is to loose fat. I already have a good muscle base under all this padding :) I have conquered Gunnar Petersons Core secrets and am looking to get past this plateau that I have hit. For someone who has not done turbo jam before, which one of the above turbo jams would you ladies recommend to someone like me?
  • micheleg7
    micheleg7 Posts: 34
    Options
    Lyn I live in Eagle Mountain, which is west of Lehi. We moved out here a year ago from Orem. BUT I'm originally an Idaho girl!! Born and raised. Where are you in Idaho? Hello neighbor. LOL at the crazy Utah drivers. I so agree. I just hang out in my home by the mountains and stay away from the freeway and any busy road. They are just about done with our Walmart and so then I'll never have to leave Eagle Mtn. Except on date night and then DH does the driving. Also, I just wanted you to know that I remember those days so well. I used to joke that I was like Rosie the Robot from The Jetsons, probably before your time, but she used to come out to take care of everyone's needs and then back in the closet she'd go. That's what life was like when the kids were little. Always taking care of everyone else's needs and no one caring about yours. Which is why you must INSIST on putting yourself first! No one else will do it for you, you've gotta do it. Sounds self centered, but it's so not. Besides if you don't take care of you, you can't take care of others. Fill your well my friend. Always, always fill your well!! Okay, that's my lecture for the day. lol

hugs to all
    michele
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options

Hi, Amanda! Welcome to the Turbo Jam thread! This is a great group of ladies and I'm sure you will love it here:smile: Have fun jammin!

I'm a SAHM w/ 3 little boys (5,2,10 months).
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Dragonfly...great job on this morning's workout and enjoy tonight's! You rock, girl!!!

As for me...I got about 20 min into TS when the little guy woke up EXTREMELY early from his nap. Prior to that my middle son started puking...things have went downhill from there:tongue::sad: My energy is zapped for the day. I'll get in a good workout tomorrow...I promise:wink:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Hello Turbo Jammers,
    I am considering purchasing turbo jam but I am not sure what package to get. There are "turbo jam maximum results" and "turbo jam fat burning elite". I am 39 and already fairly fit. My first goal is to loose fat. I already have a good muscle base under all this padding :) I have conquered Gunnar Petersons Core secrets and am looking to get past this plateau that I have hit. For someone who has not done turbo jam before, which one of the above turbo jams would you ladies recommend to someone like me?

I personally bought the Maximum Results package (as was suggested by 3babybeans on here) and LOVE it! 3babybeans is in progress of becoming a Beachbody coach and getting her website up and running. I'm sure she would love to help you out and could answer any additional questions you may have:smile:

I hope to see you on this thread...it's a great group and Turbo Jam is not only fun, but it works!
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    Hi. I just started on this site today. I've been doing turbo jam for about 3 weeks now and LOVING IT. between turbo jam (and about a month of yoga before it) and eating better I've managed to lose 15 pounds so far!!! I still have 13 more to go until I reach my target weight.

Anyways, I was wondering when you put your exercise in for the day where do you put turbo jam? Under aerobics or what?

Thanks guys!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Hello and welcome! I hope you love TJ as much as we do. I think once you get started you won't need much motivation. The workouts are so fun!

I don't work out of the home currently. I've been a SAHM for almost a year now. I have a 6 yr old son and a 8 month old daughter. I am ALWAYS looking for easy prep meals. I found an easy one I will have to email you....when I find the recipe again. It's awesome, can of this can of that warm stir tada!! I will go look for it and email it to you.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Hello Turbo Jammers,

Since you are looking to burn fat you may want to get the Fat Burning Elite... but I think you would get results from either. Please feel free to discuss this with 3Babybeans. She is currently our resident Beachbody know it all (:heart: u Sara). I hope that whatever you purchase you will stick with us and let us know what you think of it. Welcome to the group!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi. I just started on this site today. I've been doing turbo jam for about 3 weeks now and LOVING IT. between turbo jam (and about a month of yoga before it) and eating better I've managed to lose 15 pounds so far!!! I still have 13 more to go until I reach my target weight.

Anyways, I was wondering when you put your exercise in for the day where do you put turbo jam? Under aerobics or what?

Thanks guys!

Hi and Welcome to the thread!
    Congratulations on your weight loss!! Before i got my HRM I logged Turbo Jam under Kickboxing, and it was fairly accurate when I compared it to my actual calories burned with the HRM. i think some of the ladies have used high intensity aerobics though and I don't remember what the difference is. Maybe they have some suggestions.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Lyn I live in Eagle Mountain, which is west of Lehi. We moved out here a year ago from Orem. BUT I'm originally an Idaho girl!! Born and raised. Where are you in Idaho? Hello neighbor. LOL at the crazy Utah drivers. I so agree. I just hang out in my home by the mountains and stay away from the freeway and any busy road. They are just about done with our Walmart and so then I'll never have to leave Eagle Mtn. Except on date night and then DH does the driving. Also, I just wanted you to know that I remember those days so well. I used to joke that I was like Rosie the Robot from The Jetsons, probably before your time, but she used to come out to take care of everyone's needs and then back in the closet she'd go. That's what life was like when the kids were little. Always taking care of everyone else's needs and no one caring about yours. Which is why you must INSIST on putting yourself first! No one else will do it for you, you've gotta do it. Sounds self centered, but it's so not. Besides if you don't take care of you, you can't take care of others. Fill your well my friend. Always, always fill your well!! Okay, that's my lecture for the day. lol

hugs to all
    michele

Michele I'm currently in Boise/Meridian but I spent some time in Idaho Falls/Island Park/Rexburg area. I LOVE the Jetsons. (before my time HA!) Rosie is a good description of how I feel. Thank you for your encouragement and understanding. I try to put myself first...but sometimes I do feel selfish about it. I'm sure this is just a hurdle I need to overcome.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options

Thanks guys!

Like Megan before I got my HRM I logged it as kickboxing. It was pretty close. I'm so happy to hear that you love TJ. Congrats on your weight loss so far and Welcome to the group.
  • micheleg7
    micheleg7 Posts: 34
    Options
    Lyn I was born in Boise, grew up in McCall and Nampa. WOOHOOO fellow Idahoan!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Well I got PK&J in today and then I walked to the school, played with the kids at the park and then walked home....I got lots of exercise :happy:

Tomorrow I wont be working out. I'm getting my hair colored and cut and then we are having company over for dinner and games. I'm hoping to still get my walk in but probably not, it'll all depend on how long I'm at the salon. I will have 2 additional children tomorrow, Payton AND my hubby :noway: So I will be running around all morning and then I get the afternoon away...I guess it's a fair trade :wink:

Okay :explode: :mad: :explode: Hubby just walked in to tell me that he spent 200 bucks today on motobike gear to go with his new dirt bike....the dirt bike he bought with the money he got from selling his street bike. The same street bike that he bought last year to save money on gas (oh and left me alone in the hospital on day 3 after the baby was born, my mega emotional day, so that he could go register it!) So he says he wants to buy a house but he's not saving any money to do so. I bought ALL of Christmas!!! I will be the one to fund a vacation if we take one (thinking about not since he doesn't have any money to contribute) and he goes out and spends money like it doesn't matter. F@&%!!!!! It's taking everything I have to sit here at the computer and not scream at him. Granted it's his money....but Christmas was my money and he agreed to pay me back and now he runs out and imo WASTES 2000 bucks UGH!!!!!!!

I think I need to go for another walk!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Lyn I was born in Boise, grew up in McCall and Nampa. WOOHOOO fellow Idahoan!
    I was born in Rexburg, lived in Idaho Falls for about 3 years before my parents moved us to Wyoming. In 2000 I moved back to Idaho Falls then in 2005 I moved over here.

I can honestly say that I love it here! I grew up in a very small town (10,000 ish) and we didn't have CRAP to do. There is ALWAYS something to do here. I love that there are 4 parks that are close to take my kids too. We don't have to go to the same one over and over and over. And when I'm really feeling adventurous we find one across town that we've never been too (okay I'm more adventurous than that but you kwim) Downtown provides so many different things from sports and music to bars and restaurants. I can see myself living here for a LONG time!

I haven't been up to McCall yet, but I really want to go...preferably in the fall. Nampa...well lets just say I avoid it like the plague!!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning (addict) and I was at my goal weight! I was telling my black team that it's like my body just gave up & said, "FINE! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! I'LL GIVE IT TO YOU!!!" I'm not posting it on my ticker yet b/c I'm afraid it'll jump back up again the next few days & Wednesday is my "offical" weigh-in day so I'm trying to hold off until then. Trying. :bigsmile:

This made me laugh! I hope your 2 lbs stays gone!! keepin my fingers crossed for you!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Just finished trying out an old Firm dvd that I used to think was really challenging.....well it's no longer that hard. I managed to get my heart rate up during the cardio portion ( it alternates between cardio and weights for 60 min) but I think I'm stronger now and my endurance has increased. I kept doing extra plyo during the sections where you have a choice. Pretty cool. Problem is I don't know how to track it. I just split it between general aerobic and strength training. Really must get a HRM one of these days.
    Just wanted to check in ; hope all have pleasant dreams,

Janet
  • megan0313
    Options
    I will have 2 additional children tomorrow, Payton AND my hubby
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lyn, you've probably seen this one before, but I love it...hope it will give you a little laugh today :heart:

FALL CLASSES FOR MEN
    REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED BY Monday,JANUARY 19, 2009
    NOTE: DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY LEVELOF THEIR CONTENTS, CLASS SIZES WILL BE LIMITED TO 8 PARTICIPANTS MAXIMUM.

Class 1
    How To Fill Up The Ice Cube Trays --- Step by Step, with Slide Presentation.
    Meets 4 weeks, Monday and Wednesday for 2 hours beginning at 7:00 PM.
    Class 2
    The Toilet Paper Roll --- Does It Change Itself?
    Round Table Discussion.
    Meets 2 weeks, Saturday 12:00 for 2 hours.
    Class 3
    Is It Possible To Urinate Using The Technique Of Lifting The Seat and
    Avoiding The Floor, Walls and Nearby Bathtub? --- Group Practice.
    Meets 4 weeks, Saturday 10:00 PM for 2 hours.
    Class 4
    Fundamental Differences Between The Laundry Hamper and The Floor ---
    Pictures and Explanatory Graphics.
    Meets Saturday at 2:00 PM for 3 weeks.
    Class 5
    After Dinner Dishes --- Can They Levitate and Fly Into The Kitchen Sink?
    Examples on Video.
    Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning at 7:00 PM.
    Class 6
    Loss Of Identity --- Losing The Remote To Your Significant Other.
    Help Line Support and Support Groups.
    Meets 4 Weeks, Friday and Sunday 7:00 PM.
    Class 7
    Learning How To Find Things --- Starting With Looking In The Right Places
    And Not Turning The House Upside Down While Screaming.
    Open Forum .
    Monday at 8:00 PM, 2 hours
    Class 8
    Health Watch --- Bringing Her Flowers Is Not Harmful To Your Health.
    Graphics and Audio Tapes.
    Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM for 2 hours.
    Class 9
    Real Men Ask For Directions When Lost --- Real Life Testimonials.
    Tuesday at 6:00 PM Location to be determined.
    Class 10
    Is It Genetically Impossible To Sit Quietly While She Parallel Parks?
    Driving Simulations.
    4 weeks, Saturday noon, 2 hours.
    Class 11
    Learning to Live --- Basic Differences Between Mother and Wife.
    Online Classes and role-playing .
    Tuesday at 7:00 PM, location to be determined.
    Class 12
    How to be the Ideal Shopping Companion
    Relaxation Exercises, Meditation and Breathing Techniques.
    Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours ! Beginning at 7:00 PM.
    Class 13
    How to Fight Cerebral Atrophy --- Remembering Birthdays, Anniversaries and Other Important Dates
    and Calling When You're Going To Be Late.Cerebral Shock Therapy Sessions and Full Lobotomies Offered.
    Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM for 2 hours.
    Class 14
    The Stove/Oven --- What It Is and How It Is Used.
    Live Demonstration.
    Tuesday at 6:00 PM, location to be determined. < /FONT>
    Upon completion of any of the above courses, diplomas will be issued to the survivors.!