Need to get back on track

Options
I'm a long time member 10+ years. I lost over 13 stones. In the past few years I've had to care for my mum and then lost her to dementia, then the past 19 months have seen me lose my husband to covid, my home at the same time and then be diagnosed with breast cancer, for which active treatment is completed. The result? 8 stones back on. I should be grateful its not all gone back on but I'm not proud of myself that it has. I'm a comfort eater... when I'm happy food doesn't interest me.

I still log my foods daily but I've lost the drive I had. I used to walk 2 to 3 miles a day but my physical condition has deteriorated and I'm lucky if I walk a mile a week.

I need to get out of the rut I'm in. I did it once, I can do it again.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've gone through a LOT! My condolences on your losses. Please be kind to yourself. What kind of self-care are you currently practicing?
  • Sparkuvu
    Sparkuvu Posts: 2,693 Member
    Options
    Condolences on so much loss. While my challenges were never on that level, climbed out of a rut by 2 rules, Do something, anything (no matter how small, it counts) each day. 10 min moving, every day, no matter what. I set my bar so low that even I couldn't make excuses to not. Left it that way, in theory anyway. Safer that way--I mean, I can't fail to step over that low bar, even on a I don't wanna day. Might not be for many, but it works for me.