Lost Motivation

Options
Hi everyone. I started my journey (after lots of yo yo dieting) in June and was doing really well and lost 10 pounds. I have completely fallen off the bandwagon for a couple different reasons…lack of motivation, sugar cravings and lack of recipe ideas (sick of eating the same things over and over!) Anyone know how to pull myself out of this rut?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Are you on keto? Motivation comes and goes. Adherence and consistency is what needs to be focused on. If you're consistent, you don't need much motivation to continue.
    Brush off your pants and just restart TODAY.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • 70sthin
    70sthin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been trying recipes that are plant based. I'm nit vegan, but love the extra veggies in my diet. Savory beans on top of sweet potatoes with a side of broccoli is my favorite meal right now. It helps me curb my appetite for things with added sugar, plus that meal keeps me full for a long time.i got back into using MFP in September after falling off the bandwagon. Trying to be more dedicated to tracking everything I put in my mouth since motivation isn't my thing. I have motives to look and feel better, but know I have to try harder to get anywhere. Been doing little things to stay kinda on track. Baby steps
  • lyns286
    lyns286 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi @MirandaAmesTracy have you tried slimmingeats.com ? They have a great range of recipes. I also struggle with sugar cravings. I have a small chocolate bar and Diet Coke to help with this so I’m not giving it up completely. Also usually on a Saturday I have a bigger treat :)
  • paulabeth413
    paulabeth413 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Motivation for me is starting to wind down. I lose weight then I gain a few pounds weight is never at a constant state. I eat good and I love to try new recipes, etc etc. I just have no idea what to do next. And yes I go to the gym I walk at least 2-3 times daily on my breaks at work. ????????
  • AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I’m also dealing with a very similar situation but back at it now and going really strong. You got this! If you need the encouragement and push you got it. Feel free to add me.