High protein Breakfast

jat24live
jat24live Posts: 1 Member
Any ideas?

Replies

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 841 Member
    My usual go-to for a high-protein breakfast (as a vegan) is either tofu scramble with pinto-bean 'sausage' patties and some toast+jam. I also like protein pancakes, smoothies, oatmeal (sweet or savory), and toast with peanut butter, bananas, and hemp seeds.

I guess the important thing would be, what kind of breakfasts do you like?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,808 Member
    I'm low carb and my breakfast is generally early afternoon and for high protein it would be steak and 2 eggs and yesterday that was my meal along with yellow beans and pickled king oyster mushrooms. Total protein was around 60g's
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    I'm low carb and my breakfast is generally early afternoon and for high protein it would be steak and 2 eggs and yesterday that was my meal along with yellow beans and pickled king oyster mushrooms. Total protein was around 60g's

You took the words outta my mouth - I was thinking steak and eggs as well!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited October 2022
    Turkey sausage and egg white scramble
    Protein pancakes and ?
    Protein shake
    Yogurt and ?
    Bacon and eggs
    Your favorite cereal with protein powder mixed in the milk you put on it.
    Cottage cheese and ?
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Eggs, meat, yogurt.
    You're not giving us much to go on as far as what you like, and dietary preferences or restrictions, and how many calories you want to spend.
  • GlennMcMillan
    GlennMcMillan Posts: 36 Member
    My go-to is eggs and Lox. The second is chicken sausage and eggs.
  • ldaltonbishop
    ldaltonbishop Posts: 95 Member
    I'm pretty fond of pork tenderloin or sliced turkey for a quick breakfast sandwich and I cook ahead specifically to have it available. Adding cheese builds flavor as well as protein, but increases fat and sodium. Greek yogurt is great for protein if I'm not driving. A chicken breast gives you a lot of protein for the money and effort.
  • vickiecarroll528
    vickiecarroll528 Posts: 12 Member
    I like to make a quick Chaffle with a large egg, 1/2 C of cheese and a TBS of almond flour. cook in a waffle maker for 2-3 mins and spread with a tsp of light cream cheese. Sprinkle with Everything but the bagel seasoning.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    I like to make a quick Chaffle with a large egg, 1/2 C of cheese and a TBS of almond flour. cook in a waffle maker for 2-3 mins and spread with a tsp of light cream cheese. Sprinkle with Everything but the bagel seasoning.

What's a Chaffle? I've not been on these boards for a while, so forgive me if I've missed something obvious!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    jrochest wrote: »

What's a Chaffle? I've not been on these boards for a while, so forgive me if I've missed something obvious!

It's a waffle made from cheese, very popular on keto.
  • JerseyPatriot
    JerseyPatriot Posts: 8 Member
    I typically will have 1/2 cup of quick oats, cinnamon, Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt (About 29g or 2 Tablespoons), 1 scoop of Whey Protein and throw in some blueberries. Gives me the carbs I need in the morning to keep me going and essentially matches the Protein in grams. Example, this morning I had that and my output was 35g of Carbs, 33g of Protein, 2g of Sugar (Didn't have the blueberries with it), 6g of Fat and 13 mg of Sodium
  • xcazax
    xcazax Posts: 43 Member
    I eat porridge or overnight oats predominantly but have been advised to start adding protein powder to porridge
  • aoapyro1134
    aoapyro1134 Posts: 6 Member
    edited December 2022
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    I have the same breakfast 7 days a week. I just dump a protein shake in my coffee. It’s 160 calories and 30 grams of protein.

What kind(s) of protein have you used? The couple that I tried were not very good mixed with coffee.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    I just had an omelette with kidney beans and shredded cheese, topped with salsa. Delicious!
  • I_AM_ISRAEL
    I_AM_ISRAEL Posts: 160 Member
    300grams egg whites
    6 Turkey bacon slices
    1/2 serving protein pancakes
    Total calories: 500
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    My usual breakfast on days I'm working is 1/2 cup frozen fruit, 1/2 cup Liberté 2% Greek yoghurt, 1 scoop Leanfit protein & greens, 1/4 cup Fibre 1 Crunchy Original cereal, 1 cup Elmhurst Milked Walnuts, top up with water to 750 ml and blend. The fruit varies, usually mango these days, and I have the rest saved as a recipe (smoothie base) that I log and just log whatever fruit I used as a separate item. Using mango it works out to 398 calories, 36 g protein, 16 g fat, 34 g carbs.
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 206 Member
    Meat and eggs will deliver protien in spades.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Lately I've been having 2 hard boiled eggs with 170 grams of full fat Chobani and a small handful (about 20 grams) of Quaker Simply Granola and a little drizzle of honey. That gets me around 30g of protein in the morning.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,291 Member
    How many grams of protein are you looking to get in your high-protein breakfast?