Smaller Sized Coffee Creamers

Options
Anyone know of any lower calorie coffee creamers that come in smaller sizes? I don't drink coffee everyday, so my creamer often goes bad before I can finish it all (24 oz!). I feel like I'm wasting a lot of money buying the Chobani coffee creamer, but it is so good and fits within my calories for the day.

I've tried using almond milk and Stevia instead, but it just doesn't do the trick for me.

Anyone know of any other options or brands to check out?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    If that's the product that you like, you could try freezing it in smaller portions and taking it out as needed. I've never frozen coffee creamer before, but seems like it would work and be worth experimenting with.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at shelf-stable individual-serve ones, like they use in restaurants? It might not be your chosen brand, but there are a variety of types available commercially.

I'm sure they're much more expensive per ounce, but it might even out because less wasted. Even the dairy half & half individuals keep quite a long time on the shelf, and I'd bet they'd keep longer refrigerated.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Have you looked at shelf-stable individual-serve ones, like they use in restaurants? It might not be your chosen brand, but there are a variety of types available commercially.

I'm sure they're much more expensive per ounce, but it might even out because less wasted. Even the dairy half & half individuals keep quite a long time on the shelf, and I'd bet they'd keep longer refrigerated.

I didn't even think of that...plus it would help with portion control. Thanks!
  • EmilyFay1988
    EmilyFay1988 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using a protein shake as your creamer? I like the premier protein. They have a lot of great flavors and it is a great addition to coffee. Usually ends up being low calorie and higher protein (obviously) than regular creamer while still adding nice flavor! Hope this helps!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    ehju0901 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any lower calorie coffee creamers that come in smaller sizes? I don't drink coffee everyday, so my creamer often goes bad before I can finish it all (24 oz!). I feel like I'm wasting a lot of money buying the Chobani coffee creamer, but it is so good and fits within my calories for the day.

I've tried using almond milk and Stevia instead, but it just doesn't do the trick for me.

Stop & Shop has occasionally given me coupons for free Chobani coffee creamer and I agree that it is very good. I can't finish a 24 oz bottle either. I have a coupon at the moment and will try dividing it and freezing it.

This variety is just cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract, which could be easily replicated with half & half, etc. If you can't go through a pint of half & half quickly enough, you could use milk, if that's something you have on hand already.

https://www.chobani.com/products/coffee-creamer/Creamer/vanilla/

My coffee is the Target brand naturally flavored hazelnut, and what I regularly use is just milk and sugar. (I also use half Teeccino Almond Amaretto coffee alternative.)

If I were using unflavored coffee I'd want the Chobani Hazelnut or attempt to recreate with half & half, sugar, and almond extract.

https://www.chobani.com/products/coffee-creamer/Creamer/hazelnut/
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I don't buy a lot of coffee creamers anymore even though I do still drink coffee most days. Instead I've started just buying half & half or whatever milk product I prefer at the moment. Then I buy the Skinny Syrups and so that my sweetener has it's own flavor to add. This morning I had a Smores Iced Coffee by using cold brew coffee, a splash of milk and then adding a dash of each Salted Dark Chocolate Espresso syrup and Toasted Marshmallow syrup.

Usually I find them at Ross, TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, etc or you can buy them online directly at SkinnyMixes.com or even on Amazon. Tons of flavors and then I don't worry about the stuff in my fridge going bad.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    Some of the Skinny Syrups actually already have a creamy flavor. The pumpkin spice latte is one.

I seldom use creamer. I just use regular skim milk, frothed in a ninja hand pump frother, and then microwaved for 30 seconds to “set” the froth. It makes a whipped cream like froth you can stir into the drink and top it with. A quarter cup of skim makes half a cup or more of thick creamy froth. .
  • ehju0901
    Options
    Have you tried using a protein shake as your creamer? I like the premier protein. They have a lot of great flavors and it is a great addition to coffee. Usually ends up being low calorie and higher protein (obviously) than regular creamer while still adding nice flavor! Hope this helps!

This is a good idea as well, since I know I don't mind Premier Protein already. Thanks!
  • ehju0901
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Stop & Shop has occasionally given me coupons for free Chobani coffee creamer and I agree that it is very good. I can't finish a 24 oz bottle either. I have a coupon at the moment and will try dividing it and freezing it.

This variety is just cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract, which could be easily replicated with half & half, etc. If you can't go through a pint of half & half quickly enough, you could use milk, if that's something you have on hand already.

My coffee is the Target brand naturally flavored hazelnut, and what I regularly use is just milk and sugar. (I also use half Teeccino Almond Amaretto coffee alternative.)

If I were using unflavored coffee I'd want the Chobani Hazelnut or attempt to recreate with half & half, sugar, and almond extract.

If you remember, please let me know how the freezing and thawing works. I may try freezing it as ice cubes and letting it thaw in my coffee since I prefer iced coffee anyway.
  • ehju0901
    Options
    I don't buy a lot of coffee creamers anymore even though I do still drink coffee most days. Instead I've started just buying half & half or whatever milk product I prefer at the moment. Then I buy the Skinny Syrups and so that my sweetener has it's own flavor to add. This morning I had a Smores Iced Coffee by using cold brew coffee, a splash of milk and then adding a dash of each Salted Dark Chocolate Espresso syrup and Toasted Marshmallow syrup.

Usually I find them at Ross, TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, etc or you can buy them online directly at SkinnyMixes.com or even on Amazon. Tons of flavors and then I don't worry about the stuff in my fridge going bad.

I've been meaning to check out Skinny Syrups, I just never make it over to HomeGoods lol.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

If you remember, please let me know how the freezing and thawing works. I may try freezing it as ice cubes and letting it thaw in my coffee since I prefer iced coffee anyway.

FWIW, I've been freezing skim milk all through the pandemic, and it thaws fine. Cream or half and half might separate, I guess, but I'd be surprised if anything truly terrible happens.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If you like the skinny syrups, then you might like to try out half/half or even heavy cream --- as the shelf-life of those products are longer than that of regular milk.

You can buy smaller containers of those too so you might be able to not have them go bad by the time you are at the end.
  • BeeHapppy101
    BeeHapppy101 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Freezing in ice cube trays works great. I like changing up flavors and used to have several open at a time. I’ve been trying to cut back on coffee for awhile but still go through phases especially fall and winter. Now I just freeze a tray and pop them in freezer bag and label so I can easily mix it up.