Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Barcode Scanner

Options

Replies

• wescutter
    wescutter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just figured it was a glitch as other things in the program seem to come and go. It’s not. It’s just greed. I am sad to no longer be able to scan my food. I will never upgrade because of this and as with others I will start to look for another program. I usually get to 400 days before I forget and must have been using and recommending this program for 10years?!? Too bad.
  • can111
    can111 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    VERY disappointed in this decision. Seems like a money grab to me. Make the free app less desirable. The premium price is too high IMO. I have had this app since Aug, 2011
  • can111
    Options
    VERY disappointed in this decision. Money grab on new owners part. premium cost is too high IMO. I've had this app for 11 years....
  • autumnrenaygay
    autumnrenaygay Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I have been using this App for years. The barcode scanner was my favorite feature. I think it’s ridiculous to charge for something that use to be free. I have never searched for a different fitness app before but I think I might have to.
  • xxxtarable27xxx
    xxxtarable27xxx Posts: 104 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Me too. I tried a new one today. It’s gonna take some getting used to. :(
  • kmartin8660
    kmartin8660 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I too am very disappointed with the loss of the barcode. It just makes it harder to record food on the journey. Obviously making people pay for premium is the goal.

I used a different App before My Fitness Pal and I guess I can find another.
  • mariabella140
    mariabella140 Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Definitely a 👎🏻 for my fitness pal , you are forcing people to buy your premium subscription. Their is lots of free out there. But MyFitnessPal is so popular & so many subscribers you had to go & make it tougher to get our goals. I have other apps but I did love my fitness pal for having everything now I have to log manually. Such ashame you did that MyFitnessPal bring it back not everyone can afford or wants to pay for it. Thank God their are still some things for free.

Your subscribers want you to bring the free barcode back. Aren’t you guys making enough money or are you effected by the increased gas prices as well.

One very upset customer 😤🙁😩
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've switched to logging my food in the Fitbit app, and once I messed around with it a bit it seems to be working fine.
  • bsebbert
    bsebbert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am annoyed over this new policy --- bar code scanning being a premium member feature. This sucks. I won't pay for premium membership. Not worth it!
  • JJT61083
    JJT61083 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I sent a ticket into tech support today they gave me the same "oh this is a difficult decision" nonsense I've see from mfp on this issue. I asked to escalate it and continue the dialog. I doubt it will get anywhere but before I give up on an app that I've used for years I wanted to try. Whatever marketing "genius" though this up needs to be fired.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    JJT61083 wrote: »
    I sent a ticket into tech support today they gave me the same "oh this is a difficult decision" nonsense I've see from mfp on this issue. I asked to escalate it and continue the dialog. I doubt it will get anywhere but before I give up on an app that I've used for years I wanted to try. Whatever marketing "genius" though this up needs to be fired.

I couldn't agree more. I hope you get somewhere with this.
  • mike_langlois
    mike_langlois Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It appears my previous comment was deleted. So lets try again. I would recommend people reach out the CEO / CMO of MyFitnessPal. You can find them on linkedin. You can also reach the co-founder of MFP on Twitter with a quick search.

Let them know directly how you feel, because (as evidenced by my previously deleted comment) it seems the community team probably aren't passing the feedback on to their higher ups.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    It appears my previous comment was deleted. So lets try again. I would recommend people reach out the CEO / CMO of MyFitnessPal. You can find them on linkedin. You can also reach the co-founder of MFP on Twitter with a quick search.

Let them know directly how you feel, because (as evidenced by my previously deleted comment) it seems the community team probably aren't passing the feedback on to their higher ups.

The community team aren't the ones who made this decision, and I'm pretty sure the higher-ups aren't interested in our individual feedback, only in the actual numbers (subscribers,...) since the posters here are only a fraction of all MFP users.
  • can111
    Options
    JJT61083 wrote: »

Good plan doing this! The money grab by MFP is awful. they annual fee is high. Gotta admit I'm not that loyal to MFP. I'm headed over to loseit where i can still get the bar code reader for free and their annual fee for premium is $20
  • mike_langlois
    mike_langlois Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

The community team aren't the ones who made this decision, and I'm pretty sure the higher-ups aren't interested in our individual feedback, only in the actual numbers (subscribers,...) since the posters here are only a fraction of all MFP users.

Thats true the community team didn't, but it can never hurt to let higher ups know you are unhappy with the business decision that someone made. Enough people do it, you never know what might happen.
  • plugers
    plugers Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Whoever got rid of this can eat a 🍆. UA already ruined their other apps, now this? Bye
  • myetto
    myetto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The app Lose It! Is a pretty cool replacement. Cool scanner great database and you can even edit serving units etc on any item. Seems really powerful. Love it after a week!
  • bethes1
    bethes1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow..it seems I’m late to the party. I have used MFP for a long time it has always been my go to for tracking my calories and weight loss ventures. Taking the scanning bar codes away and charging $19 a month is insane. I don’t pay that much for a gym membership, streaming service or anything that is not a utility. $80 a year or $19 a month for an app is unrealistic. There is not enough value offered in a premium subscription. I have been a premium member previously. I will be looking for another app.
  • HereticHavoc
    HereticHavoc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • sarawalks09
    sarawalks09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bring back this feature for people who do not want to be premium members.
    The deletion of this feature is pushing me to find and use another app completely.
    Removing it was dumb. Bring it back.