Help figuring calories

I made a "quinoa, black bean, corn filling for making my lunch into a wrap.

I used 1 cup of quinoa, can of corn, can of black beans. Can someone help me figure the calories? All that made a HUGE batch. I figure I will get about 12 one half cup servings.

I just want to compare what I got calorie wise vs what others get.

Yes I used the recipe builder.

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited October 2022
    If you’ve used the Recipe Builder and chosen accurate entries for the brands and quantities you used then your results will be as accurate as is possible.

If I were to ‘sanity check’ it for you I’d need to know how much your ‘cup’ of quinoa weighed in grams, was the ‘cup’ full of raw or cooked quinoa?

What brand of sweetcorn? How much did the drained contents weigh in grams? Ditto for the black beans…

Did you add any aromatics, seasoning, dressing, spices, herbs etc….

How much did the entire finished batch weigh? I’d need to know this to be able to accurately calculate how much your “12 one half cup” servings would weigh.
  • DFW_Tom
    DFW_Tom Posts: 221 Member
    If you will be measuring out portions by volume as you use them, add up the calories of each ingredient as they are added to the mix. Measure the volume of the prepared mix (6 cups in your example) to make sure your estimate is correct. If you mix does equal 6 cups, and each serving is 1/2 cup, then divide calories in mix by 12 to get calories per serving. Add in calories of mix, plus calories in wrap material, plus anything else you have in the wrap (lettuce, dressing, etc.) to come up with the number of calories per wrap. Enjoy!