Recipe swap (all meals, with photos)

Options
markussmith44
markussmith44 Posts: 8 Member
I’m going to add some of my calorie light cleaner eating recipes i have come up with / found along with photos of the food. As a real foodie I struggle to keep to a diet so I instead try to tweak recipes or come up with my own healthier alternative!

Replies

• markussmith44
    Options
    Also feel free to add your own recipes.
  • juicylucytebbutt
    Options
    Marcus I'm loving this, I can't seem to find how we share our recipes from our recipe box. I'm a foodie too so I'm not easily satisfied but I'd be happy with both of your dishes!
  • markussmith44
    Options
    Marcus I'm loving this, I can't seem to find how we share our recipes from our recipe box. I'm a foodie too so I'm not easily satisfied but I'd be happy with both of your dishes!

Thanks I’m glad you enjoy the recipes I do plan on adding more over time as for adding recipes from the app I’m not sure you can (from what I read on another post anyways ) I just type it out it’s a bit of a pain unfortunately

• markussmith44
    Options
    ut27s9r6vhyi.jpeg

Diet friendly flapjack
    (Serves 12)

200g rolled oats (734 cal)
    62.5g stevia sweet granules (1 cal)
    125g flora lighter (314 cal)
    50g dried cranberries (172 cal)
    3tbsp golden syrup (204 cal)
    *10g 85% dark chocolate (59 cal) *
    *(optional)*

Method:-

To a pan add the flora, stevia granules and the golden syrup put on a low heat so the flora melts & the sweetener dissolves

In a mixing bowl add the oats and chop up the cranberries in to the bowl then add the pan’s contents to the bowl and mix through so everything is evenly coated

Use some flora to grease a 20x20 cm square baking tin or line with greaseproof paper

Add the mix to the tin and press down on it to compact it in the tin a little

Put in a pre heated oven (175°c fan)
    And bake for 12-18 minutes or the top is nice and golden brown

Once it’s out the oven I like to push it back down again in the tray so it becomes a little more sold once cooled

*optional*

Melt 10g 85% dark chocolate in a ramekin in the microwave then drizzle over the cooled flapjack and leave to cool again then divide it in to 12 equal portions

Total calories = 1484 (-59 without chocolate)

Total calories per slice = 123.66 (-4.91 without chocolate)

The only reason I consider them diet friendly is due to the reduced fat and sugar content resulting in about a 50% drop in calories than what it would be using butter and sugar

I’m looking to improve upon this recipe by swapping to honey rather than golden syrup and maybe bulking out some of the volume with a cereal of some sort and maybe get it down to 100 a slice 😀 so I may post a improved recipe in the future
  • markussmith44
    Options
    3nhtlr6y5n0q.jpeg

Saag aloo

1kg new potato’s
    3-4 salad tomato’s/ 2-3 big tomato’s
    (Grated )
    1 large red onion/ 2 medium
    200g spinach (approx)
    1.5-2 inch piece of fresh ginger
    3-4 cloves of garlic
    1-2 red chilli (seeds aswell)

1.5 tsp mustard seeds (I toasted & ground mine )
    1.5 tsp ground coriander
    1.5 tsp cumin
    3-4 tsp mild curry powder
    1.5 tsp Garam masala
    Approx 3 tbsp oil

Method:-

Cut potatoes to desired size then boil them till fork tender drain and set aside to cool

Wile the potato’s cook and cool dice the onion garlic and grate the ginger
    Add 0.5 tbsp of oil to a frying pan and add the onions and cook till they start to go clear remove from the pan
    Then add 1.5 tbsp of oil and add the potato’s fry them till they have nice crispy bits on them then remove from the pan

Add the last tbsp of oil to the pan and add cumin , mustard seeds, curry powder & coriander to the oil and mix in for 30 seconds then add the ginger & chilli and cook for a minute then add the garlic and cook off for another minute the. Add the grated tomato’s (make sure there’s no skin just flesh ) add a pinch of sugar and cook this till the liquids reduce a little and it’s more of a sauce this is the time to check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste

Slice up the spinach in to ribbons and add to the sauce it may not need to full bag so do it till your happy with the amount cook through till the spinach wilts now add your onions back and mix through then add the potatoes and mix them through till everything is nicely coated and bring everything back up to temperature if the sauce becomes too thick a splash of water will loosen it back up then serve and enjoy 😁