At time
33%
JDavidPughamwinzek94Laura_horanigaritudorsmith 4 votes

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I don't cheat. I make a decision whether something which exceeds my calories is worth slowing my progress for. Sometimes it's a good decision and I'm not sorry, sometimes it's a bad decision and i regret it. But it's a decision. It's not cheating on anything.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat more, sometimes I eat less, as long as it balances out in the end.
    I don't like the word 'cheat', I'm not cheating anyone or anything.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I think it would be better to just ask if people eat above their calorie goal. "Cheat" is a word that we don't use here.

But the answer is "yes", sometimes I eat above my calorie goal. I've been here almost 10 years--hard not to in all that time. You'll find that it matters what you do long term. Going above now and then, won't set you back, unless you make it a habit. Then you'll stall or gain.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I do it all the time. Some days I’m a couple thousand over. And then on other days, I under-eat. I look at the weekly average when I’m concerned I may have ticked over into the Over-Eating Again zone.

But what I’d like to ask is why are you asking this question?

Are you experiencing hunger? Maybe you’ve set your goal too low or are even possibly exercising too much (although it’s hard to out-exercise a bad diet).

Is someone pressuring you to eat?

Are you new and unsure and want reassurance you’re beginning on a sound footing?

Are you beating yourself up for going over once or twice and need others to pile on to keep you in line?

Or - and hopefully not- do you need a good gloat knowing that others are?
  • JDavidPugh
    JDavidPugh Posts: 25 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    At time
    I don't set myself up to have to cheat........
    I set everything to lethargic with a goal of maintaining weight...
    I eat pretty much what I want within reason and with exercise I usually come in well below my "target" and still lose weight.
    I guess the moral of the story here is don't be too aggressive with your plan........wins are better than the constant losses......

My cheat days are the ones where its almost impossible to log.......like last weekend at the beach....

How do you accurately log boiled shrimp, fried crab claws, hushpuppies, gumbo, blackened Mahi courvillion, key lime pie and chocolate lava cake LOL I know it was a cheat weekend but at the end of it my weight was still the same.......no loss no gain! And Monday morning back to normal!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Of course I go over some days. It’s very hard to hit your calories exactly day after day. If I go over 2 or 3 days in a row, I make an effort to go under the next few days. And vice versa. If it takes 3500 calories to make a pound, a few calories either way won’t make a big difference over time.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    No
    When I went in Vaca with some friends in June I did. That's it since I started my journey the end of February.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    When I feel like it though it's not often.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cfgreear
    cfgreear Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    No
    I log everything. Like today im going to the movies and having popcorn and wings. The rest of my day suffers a bit but i added up how much ill be having and im still under my calories because I cut back a little in my other meals to not go over. But as you can see in my food journal I have popcorn in there and will workout later as well to help the offset. If you dont log your food because you feel bad about eating it, thats the only thing I consider cheating on here.