What are your must eat every day foods?

Options
Thinking of eating an egg everyday, an apple, a banana and rolled oats

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    .95 oz sea salt dark chocolate, it’s a must!
  • MelissaNZmfp
    MelissaNZmfp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yum, I love easy food....mashed banana and rolled oats are one of mine, also delicious baked, or microwaved.
    I'm going hard out on rice, peanut butter, and a vege oxo cube, at the moment, seems to stop me from snacking, and is inexpensive, and tasty.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Green tea is always the first thing i have in the morning, and also throughout the day, no matter the time of year. Now that it is fall I have been buying amzing apples from the farmstand nearby. I can’t believe how many varieties exist and how different they all are. But I eat these because they are beautiful and in season, and will move on to other foods that strike my fancy and fulfil my needs as they arise.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Yup. Coffee - usually two cups. The only other 'must' is that dinner has to be a hot meal. There might be a few summer exceptions, but a cold meal sets up the danger of the dreaded 'do-over.'
  • Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Always cheese in one form or another.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    "Must"? I don't think I have any musts.

There are things I like to eat often (most every day) because I've learned that they're that tasty, nutritious, filling, practical, cost-effective, calorie efficient, etc.

For me, varied fruits (especially mixed berries and lately apples), oatmeal, Greek yogurt, crunchy dark-roast peanut butter, tomatoes, cucumbers, coffee, skimmed milk, walnuts, are among many things in frequent rotation for me, daily or near to.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    4 almonds. 42 years.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I don't really feel like my day is complete if I don't eat raw vegetables.
  • kolenovicarianna
    kolenovicarianna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not a day passes by that I don't drink at least one coffee with milk or cappuccino (outside) and eat cottage cheese and protein bar.
  • sugarfreesquirrel
    sugarfreesquirrel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Add nuts, (brazil nuts are supposed to be good for depression), protein shakes, tea and coffee for me. Would also consider a small glass of wine.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    Green tea. Lots of it.
    For breakfast I usually have oats with raisins and skyr (cold) with whatever fruit I have
    During the day bread. Lots of bread. What goes on it differs.
    The rest: well, it's very variable.
    Oh yes, for dessert I usually have some semolina pudding because that's pretty much the only dessert that I like here and that doesn't have masses and masses of calories. Dunno, this country is a dessert desert. :D
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Other than coffee and/or tea, nothing is a must every day.

Most days I have diet cola.

According to MFP, my most frequent foods are tomatoes, eggs, butter, banana, milk, blueberries, and bacon. Apparently I favor foods that begin with "b" :smile: I usually have some kind of bread (commercial, "artisan," or homemade), roll, bagel, or muffin.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Does it count if you're a creature of habit?

Banana
    Greek yogurt/cottage cheese/protein powder mixture
    Whipped cream cheese and sliced turkey on a coco lite pop cake
    Various cookies and chocolate
    Oatmeal
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Yogurt! Usually for dessert, but occasionally beefed up for meal. Recently I've been loving greek yogurt with reduced sugar apple butter and sprinkle of granola and ton of cinnamon. Yum.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    I have coffee every day. and water.

otherwise nothing is a must although there are foods I eat most days.

Especially on work days - almost always have weetbix for breakfast and very similar lunch in my lunch box

True story - my boss once asked if I was bored eating same thing every lunch time. I said No - and he said I'm bored just looking at it every day :o:*:D

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    My idea of hell is eating the same foods every day! If I’ve eaten something it’s certainly not in the list of possibles for several days.

I believe that your gut biome thrives on as much variety as possible of good fresh foods so I eat as much variety as I can get hold of.

As others have mentioned, my morning black coffee(s) are about the only constants.
  • sugarfreesquirrel
    sugarfreesquirrel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    What is semolina pudding?
  • Djinn22
    Djinn22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yum, I love easy food....mashed banana and rolled oats are one of mine, also delicious baked, or microwaved.
    I'm going hard out on rice, peanut butter, and a vege oxo cube, at the moment, seems to stop me from snacking, and is inexpensive, and tasty.

Is this all together? I'm pretty intrigued by that........I think I need more info.