What are your must eat every day foods?

Options

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    What is semolina pudding?

@sugarfreesquirrel

There's more info here under Dishes > Sweet: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semolina
    It's typically semolina boiled in milk and sweetened.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    steel cut oatmeal is too godamn delicious
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I vary my foods with the seasons--I like seasonal fresh for fruits and vegetables, and everything else changes too.

The only constant year after year and day after day is Earl Grey tea by Twinnings with fresh lemon juice, for breakfast.
  • MelissaNZmfp
    MelissaNZmfp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Djinn22 wrote: »
    Yum, I love easy food....mashed banana and rolled oats are one of mine, also delicious baked, or microwaved.
    I'm going hard out on rice, peanut butter, and a vege oxo cube, at the moment, seems to stop me from snacking, and is inexpensive, and tasty.

Is this all together? I'm pretty intrigued by that........I think I need more info.

Hi... Just bananas and rolled oats together for one recipe (no other ingredients), and the other one, I mix the oxo cube and peanut butter with boiling water before mixing with the cooked rice.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Does it count if you're a creature of habit?

Banana
    Greek yogurt/cottage cheese/protein powder mixture
    Whipped cream cheese and sliced turkey on a coco lite pop cake
    Various cookies and chocolate
    Oatmeal

What is a coco lite pop cake? I know you're as fond of the kitchen as I am, so I need to know if I'm missing out on something quick and easy B)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any "must" foods in particular other than my morning coffee while I watch the sunrise while walking the dog. Other than that, I try to get in the recommended amounts of fruits and veg, but that doesn't always happen and the types of fruit and veg are variable and seasonal. I also try to eat fish at least 3x per week.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »

Banana
    Oatmeal

What is a coco lite pop cake? I know you're as fond of the kitchen as I am, so I need to know if I'm missing out on something quick and easy B)

Basically a delivery system for delicious toppings. :)

3eoieladxmdh.jpg

Like a rice cake but smoother, bigger, and not as strofoamy.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,057 Member
    Options

Banana
    Oatmeal

3eoieladxmdh.jpg

Also tortilla-sized (the taco size), and 20 calories per each. Not much flavor of its own - "delivery mechanism" is a good description. They get soggy easily, but are good for "spread and eat" stuff. I used to eat them for breakfast as a peanut butter delivery mechanism.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I was going to say COFFEE until I remembered that I skipped it 3 times this week for one reason or another. It's not a food, but I've never skipped on having water.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    -LEAFY GREENS!
    -Broccoli most days
    -Coffee
    -Tofu most days
    -Almond or Cashew milk
    -Plant protein powder
    -Green Vibrance or other "superfood greens"
    -Nutritional yeast
    -Tumeric/ golden milk

Lately, some small amount of wholegrain or fruit or starchy veggie- scandanavian crispbread, rice cake, Ezekiel, sweet potato, apple or berries
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    The only must on my list is coffee - it greatly increases the life span of people who interact with me in the morning.

Exactly this
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    There are several foods I eat at least 2-3 times per week, but the only one daily is a tall glass of skim milk. Seventeen grams of protein for 170 calories, equally suited for any meal of the day (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, bedtime). I think I can count on one hand with fingers left over the number of days over the last decade I've not had at least 1 glass, and often multiple glasses.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Twizzlers and chocolate. (You didn't say we have to be particularly proud of it :D )
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Banana
    Oatmeal

3eoieladxmdh.jpg

Also tortilla-sized (the taco size), and 20 calories per each. Not much flavor of its own - "delivery mechanism" is a good description. They get soggy easily, but are good for "spread and eat" stuff. I used to eat them for breakfast as a peanut butter delivery mechanism.

Strofoamy? What in the heck were my fingers thinking?

They DO get soggy easily. Also one of the reasons I like them. For....reasons. 😁
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Banana
    Oatmeal

3eoieladxmdh.jpg

Morning peanut butter was my first thought! I’ll have to look for these next time I shop!
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It's a cliche but I need an apple every day or I don't feel right.
  • xxronexx
    xxronexx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    milk... ok, it's not a "food" as such, but for all of my life that I can remember, cereal (whether shreddies, muesli, porrige oats, weetabix etc) with milk every morning for breakfast is definitely a must. (except the few days on holiday in the summer where I had a full english, (well, not quite full, just egg, bacon, sausages, mushrooms - yum!)

a custard cream with my breakfast coffee was also a must but I've weaned myself off the breakfast custard cream "calories and unnecessary sugar" this year.
    If I could afford them, mushrooms everyday would be a must!
    ...and probably, if I could afford it (money and calories) AND had the time to cook it... full english breakfast every day lol
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,887 Member
    Options
    I do have coffee every day, that's about it, oh, and water.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Açaí juice. I do a shot many mornings..