The Jackpot for me

Options
Eating 2000 calories S/Tu/Th/Sat and eating half of that 1000 calories M/W/F along with about 30 mins of walking daily. I think this might be the jackpot for me, what do you guys think?

Replies

• delillolauren
    delillolauren Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sure, if it’s sustainable and keeps you in a deficit that aligns with your goal. I would be starving on those 1000 calorie days, it wouldn’t be sustainable for me.
  • roseym10
    roseym10 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I think that is called calorie cycling. I've never done it but I'm doing something similar that involves carb cycling where some days are higher carbs, some very low. Others on here may weigh in. I'd be interested to find out how doing your calories like that works out for you.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Sure, worth a try.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Essentially over the course of the week you’re taking in 11,000 calories which is equal to 1571 calories per day.

Without knowing more about you (height, weight, gender, age, activity level and goals) it’s not possible to assess how appropriate, or otherwise, your plan is. 🤷‍♀️
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    My feeling is that personalization of tactics - finding ones that fit our individual preferences, strengths, and challenges - is a key weight management success factor. That puts the focus on making weight management easier, rather than smashing ourselves into a wall trying to make it faster.

If the average daily intake (1571 calories) would result in sensibly moderate, sustainable weight loss given your current demographics/habits, and doing what you describe makes the process easier for you, I think you've got a winner.

I wouldn't like it even one little tiny bit myself, but that's completely irrelevant.

It seems like an Intermittent Fasting (IF) variation to me. 5:2 (5 days maintenance, 2 days minimal calories) is one of the classics that some here have used with good success). Making it 4:3 with less extreme difference between the days doesn't seem dramatically unhealthy to me, but I'm not an expert.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Interestingly OP has posted several very similar ‘plans’ over the months, asking very similar questions. First question was almost exactly a year ago.

One can only surmise these plans haven’t been ‘doable’ because they’ve not been ‘done’ successfully. 🤷‍♀️