20 LBS by THANKSGIVING

Options
Hello everyone,

I have been on this site for a year now and have yo-yo'd in my weight loss, up and down the same 10 lbs. I have no one to blame but myself. I still have 50 lbs to lose, at least.

Now, things in my life are changing and I would really like to lose 20 lbs by Thanksgiving. I chose this date for a lot of reasons.

I would love to hear some advice on how to do this, and I would love to find some buddies to check in with on a daily or weekly basis to do this.

Please let me know if you're with me!

Thanks!

Diana XXOO

Replies

• katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    IM WITH YOU!!!!!!! I just told hubby today that i want to lose 20 pounds by my birthday 11-21, which is also around thanksgiving!!! lets do this together!!!
  • Mad4282
    Mad4282 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great idea, that is my goal as well!
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend we can help each other...my goal is to lose 30 by Christmas so 20 by Thanksgiving will put me right there! :)
  • SweetStrawberry
    Options
    My goal is 17lbs but I havent lost the weight b/c I haven't really been doing it just making excuses for myself like " well I tried" trying isn't good enough i just need to suck it up and do it. I'm in!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I've starteda challenge on FB on my like page called Lets Get Slim 4 Ever, we just had our 2nd weigh in,our goal is to lose 25 pounds by Thanksgiving.

Good luck. Lots of exercise and definitely focus on lean proteins, fresh fruits and veggies, and absolutly no processed junk.
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    I am on track to lose 20 lbs by Thanksgiving. I would suggest finding a physical activity that you enjoy but that also challenges you. I am on week 5 of the C25K program which basically gets you off the couch and ready for a 5K in 9 weeks. I am also going to zumba class once or twice a week and doing wii boxing once a week. I enjoy each of these activities and I NEVER use to like to exercise. I am eating well and have been losing about 2 lbs a week. I started this spring following the 17 day diet but have since wandered off onto my own eating plan which is similar to what I learned doing the 17 day diet, just not as strict.

The most important thing you need to know is it is a lifestyle change, not a diet. There is no magical cure for being overweight, but we can learn from our mistakes and take action to change the things that haven't worked in the past.

Good luck. Feel free to friend me since we have the same goal (for me for now). I have a lot more than 20 lbs to lose, but I will damned if I don't hit the 20 lb mark by Thanksgiving.
  • Emi_Pie
    Options
    I'm in!!

I have also set a goal for thanksgiving- I would like to lose 13 lbs. My goal is to lose 1 lb per week, but you could set your goal at 2 lbs per week if you want to lose 20 by then.

I would love to communicate at regular intervals to share ideas and suggestions, offer encouragement and see how everyone's progress is going!
  • sunkis1769
    sunkis1769 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I would like to get under 200 pounds by then, which would be 30 pounds for me. Good luck!
  • ltnangel_92
    Options
    Im in too! I want to lose 30lbs by New Years. so 20lbs by thanksgiving. kinda fits in the plan.
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'm on board too. My advice is to take it a day at a time. It's easy to say "I'm going to lose X pounds by Y date" (I've done it a million times) but it's more effective to say "today is all I have control over. I need to make great decisions about the 3-5 times I'm going to eat, and go break a sweat". Keep your eye on what's in your control and let go of the rest.

Personally, I also find it helps to ditch the bad stuff in my kitchen. If it's not there, I can't eat it! Booze and processed foods tend to slow my weight loss, even if I'm under my daily calorie goal. Think it's because they mess with your metabolism.

Let's do it!
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    Hi Everyone I am in...I want to lose 25lb by the end of the year so I can do 15-20 by Thanksgiving...The US version...It's in October in Canada...soo excited...so how are we going to do this?
  • bryankenneth
    bryankenneth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too 20 by the First we of December! Any food itps?
  • ilbcnuz
    ilbcnuz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • veggie_rachel
    veggie_rachel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm In!
  • Sklug22
    Options
    Lets do this!!! :smile:

I'm in...I need to refocus and this is a great goal to do it with.
  • LysaThornton
    Options
    Would LOVE to!! I just need some help on how to! I have been stuck for over a year!!!!!! Let's go!
  • liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - I guess keep track of my posts and I will put up messages from time to time to check in on our progress? Or we can all introduce ourselves to each other? How does it work? LOL
  • anniem67
    Options
    count me in!!
  • IrisGarcia86
    IrisGarcia86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Count me in! =)
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am in too!