Fiber One Brownies.....?

Options
I've seen alot of people on MFP post about fiber one brownies being a great snack..? They sound delicious & I was wondering.. is this actually okay as far as health wise? Are they high in sugar? I was thinking of purchasing a box today!

Replies

• k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well for me, it's hard to eat only one since they don't taste super sweet. Eating more than one Fiber One thing is NOT a good idea ;)
  • samihainsworth
    Options
    I have them too, in the peanut butter. I think they're a good portion size. They're very tasty, especially with a small glass of milk, but I was also wondering if they're bad or not as well.
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    They're pretty good if you need a quick chocolate fix.
  • mrscourter2010
    Options
    Love them...like the regular bars too
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I don't know about how healthy they are but... I have found I think they taste ok...but I don't think the taste is worth the price. I won't buy them.
  • boobookittyx
    Options
    Any snack that is a bite size like that (in my eyes lol) I rather have a bigger snack with the same amount of cals!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Well for me, it's hard to eat only one since they don't taste super sweet. Eating more than one Fiber One thing is NOT a good idea ;)

It's only 5 grams of fiber per brownie....if that gives you the runs, you probably are eating far too little fiber.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I really like them. Not sure about health benefits, but it cures my sweet tooth and only costs me 80 calories (and I need more fiber in my diet anyway).
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    They should call them Fart Brownies! LOL:laugh: I can hardly tolerate anything Fiber One makes, and I eat a TON of fiber (I usually go over my fiber goal every day!), they still rip my guts up!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    The main point of them is to get extra fiber, not much other reason.
  • LizzyMariee
    Options
    I like them. I use to eat one for breakfast with a smoothie, and they actually kept me full until lunch.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I love them for dessert!
  • puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    They only have 8 grams of sugar. I love them! I wanted to buy a box at the grocery store on Sunday (ok, two boxes actually), and the shelf was completely empty. They are great for a chocolate fix.
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    OMG they are the MOST AMAZING THING!!!!!!
    However, I did find that when I ate them, I was constantly craving more chocolate. I'm glad that I haven't seen them in the store lately!
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I like them. I get both the chocolate and the peanut butter and it is a great chocolate fix for me as well.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I would rather have a homemade brownie, those things are tiny and not nearly as tasty. If you need more fiber or enjoy miniature brownies then go for it.
  • SlwNStdy
    Options
    Great chocolate fix with milk curbs my craving
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I think they taste horrible!:embarassed: they taste like coffee to me which I do not like! I have a whole box in the cupboard just sitting there. If you want something that taste good Keebler fudge shopper mini brownies are very good for 100 calories, 4 fat, 60 sodium, and 7 sugar. They actually tste like a brownie:)
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    I eat them everyday and try to eat the cereal too. For m it helps me lose weight fatser. It is sweet enough for me bc I don't really eat sweets. I don't understand why you would think they are bad for you. Fiber helps you stay full.They are not high in sugar or anything else. I can eat like i normally do and eat both the brownies and the cereal and not go over my sugar for they day but just hit my fiber or I might go a few over but it has not hurt me any. This might be tmi but it is normal to go up to 3 times a day and letting it sit in your intestines can weigh up to 14 pounds if you arent regular.
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I keep them at work so when someone brings in something that could be much worse, I have one. Or just if I really need a treat. Are they the greatest brownie ever? No, but they do satisfy something in me.

Only 90 cals, 3 grams of fat, 100mgs of sodium and 8 grams of sugar with 20% of daily fiber so I don't think they are too bad once in a while.