Lost weight and Lost friends

Options
Hi everyone. So I began my fitness journey almost a year ago. I quit smoking and drinking and eating unhealthy. I joined a gym and I am down almost 50lbs. I am so proud of myself and at the same time lonely. Pretty much every single “friend” of mine now doesn’t talk to me or treats me differently. Has anyone else experienced this? Sad and happy at the same time.

Replies

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Xellercin wrote: »
    I definitely had to retire some friendships after I quit drinking, but I've moved a lot and changed jobs many times, so I'm pretty comfortable with the concept of certain friendships working only for certain phases of life.

If you met people like them today, would you want to connect with them? If not, then move on.

Now none of my friends are substantial drinkers, most are active (some of us are disabled), and all are health focused.

^This!! If you met them today would you want to connect with them? That’s so smart!

They say “Friends for a season, friends for a reason and friends for a lifetime”. They aren’t all the same thing. And honestly, if you don’t want to do the same stuff they are doing, maybe find some people who do enjoy the things you enjoy.
  • veganbabe2021
    veganbabe2021 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you’re going through. It happened to me as well. I simply made new friends that have similar lifestyle! Congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • beckyslack32
    beckyslack32 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the comments, advice and insight.