mini vent about husband...

Options
so ive been here since february and only lost 20 lbs. blah blah blah yay is me, blah blah blah.

the husband who mistreats his "temple" on a daily basis has lost like 15 lbs in 2 weeks. his secret? he doesnt eat lunch. he eats a big breakfast (omitting cheese and salty bad for you meats) and eats supper that i cook...and i cook well since im here and all...

WHAT THE MOTHER....

i mean im sorry but i dont hold faith that he'll stick to this, but COME THE FRIK ON ALREADY...im trying like a mother effer doing it the "right" way and he just drops almost 20 lbs by skipping a meal??? *slams head on desk repeatedly* so not fair.

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    That always seems to be how it happens lol
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the same way..he decides to run for a few days a week and he loses 15 pds
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    What is that all about!? I hear you 100 percent...
  • ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down. My husband and I both lost weight this year and of course he lost his way quicker but remember he has to work just as hard as you to keep it off. Men just lose weight faster/easier than women it's something we just have to accept.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    It could be a number of different factors but in the end the results won't last.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yep...on vacation my hubby and I ate the same food with the same activity level....he came back 10 lbs lighter...I came back 5 lbs heavier. ARGH
  • Lilituga
    Lilituga Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Guys loose weight a lot easier than women! just sayin... It sucks...
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    men's metabolism is way higher than women's in general. He cut his calories and is in turn burning the lbs...we as women have to fight harder. But he may not be getting enough to eat and as you said, that's not right. Its a bummer I know. Im sorry. But you are doing good!
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Oh friend! I feel your boy pain. My hub has to consciously work to keep weight on. Seriously!?!. Who has to eat that much? Evidently he does. LOL!

Slow and steady wins the race! You are making great long term choices and doing great. It's not about how much or how fast you lose it is about the way we improve and treat our bodies :)!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Life just isn't fair. It just ain't!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My husband was the same way when he was younger Now he looks like he's going to give birth any day!
  • donbet69
    Options
    hooray for men !!!!:drinker:
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hehe I second don, hooray for men :)
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain too. All my husband has to do is THINK about losing weight and it slips right off. So not fair!
  • irishredgirl70
    irishredgirl70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lol. I know it's not funny but your post was and it made me lol literally. Men always loose fast. My husband walks with me when " he feels like it" and eats what he wants but lost 20 in a month. Agrr.
  • MovesLikePuma
    Options
    hooray for men !!!!:drinker:

Yep! Men rule! :flowerforyou:
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My husband was the same way when he was younger Now he looks like he's going to give birth any day!

It will catch up to my hubby!! Its in his genetics bahaha :laugh:
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    My husband has always been thin....his whole family is little. It sucks because he eats and drinks whatever he wants to - has candy bars (not like all the time, but maybe once a week) he eats pretty healthy other than that.....but he snacks a lot - like he can eat a 1lb bag of peanuts in a couple days - and he drinks a few beers every single night.
    When he thinks hes getting a "pot belly" he just watches what he eats for like a day.......smh.

oh,,,,,,,I hear ya.
  • Idi0tech
    Options
    A big breakfast is the way to go. Then a light lunch. if he didn't skip that he'd probably lose more. Skipping meals( especially breakfast) puts your body into starvation mode and the body hangs onto its fat reserves. Its not a healthy way to lose weight nor will it last.

Have a big breakfast and smaller meals through out the day remembering to leave a couple of hours bettween supper and going to sleep.....

...and yes. Mens metabolism is way faster which is a pain. ultimatley the competition is against yourself not your husband.

Focus on your own progress and goals.

Also get him to make supper!!! :-)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Hey ladies, please do not compare yourselves with a man. A man has this tendency to lose weight faster than us women, its in their body composition.They have more lean muscle & less fat while us woman have more fat, less muscle. This also explains why it is very impossible for us to have that six pack or bulk up just by lifting weights unless we are doing extensive training & taking testosterone pills. Testosterone has a fat-releasing enzymes however our hormones is made to retain fat. This is because we are made for child bearing & so we need those extra fat for our reproductive system. So sad but true!