Step Aerobics

Has anyone here done step aerobics consistently? If so, what were your results like and how long did it take? I'm doing Gilad: Step Aerobics.

Replies

• GhadaRasheed
    GhadaRasheed Posts: 4 Member
    I am an aerobic stepper for long time, I am using a 21 inches stepper,so I keep jump up and down doing high knees, or lunges , squats side lit leg or back
  • roseym10
    roseym10 Posts: 101 Member
    edited November 2022
    I did a lot of step in the 90s and it kept me in good shape. My local Y still has step aerobics classes that I take once a week. I also have a step bench and I have some Beachbody DVDs that I was doing for a while. I need to get back to it, it is a great workout and I need to lose the lbs I gained due to menopause and medications

Edited to add: Just saw this is a really old post
  • Yes it is 9 years old, but I have a step and I took classes a few times over the years. Step aerobics is fun and it works to tighten up the lower body and burns the calories. I need to pull my step and DVD'S back out.
  • I’m a freestyle stepper. I do one live class and at least 2 you tube classes a week. Fabian Kuhn posts all his classes on you tube. Wicked choreography. I can do step for hours, so much fun it doesn’t feel like aerobic work at all
  • Hodgy2357
    Hodgy2357 Posts: 60 Member
    Great fun with a decent calorie burn. It takes me right back to the 90's!

Made me think of the lovely Victoria Wood, gone too some https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObOkhXGu7oY Hilarious lady.
  • greedyg
    greedyg Posts: 2 Member
    Been doing step since the mid-90s! I did classes at the gym for years then bought one for home to do after my son was born so I could workout sans gym. Eventually, in 2014,I quit the gym altogether and it’s been my main workout since. I can’t deal with videos — I just have playlists of songs I like that are roughly the same BPM (140 I think) and fly around on the step. Sometimes when I’m bored with the music I’ll put on a TV show it podcast and step, though I’m definitely not working out as hard then. I also use hand weights when I step. Wrist weights the whole time and then every 6 minutes or so I’ll grab 2-4 pounders in top if that for 2 minute stretches. It’s obviously a great lower body workout and when I’m consistent with the hand weighta, my upper body looks better than it does when I used to use free weights at the gym.