Seriously.

Options
Just LOOK at my diary. I eat a ton. Why is it so under?

Replies

• bonogul
    bonogul Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    well, looking at your diary you seem to eat well. are you sure about the portions of your food? for example, you said you ate 2 oz of pasta today. you know 2 oz of pasta is very little, perhaps you are eating more than just 2 oz.

here is what 2 oz of pasta looks like :
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_y9-a4ddxjio/Ss6Cp-iw8NI/AAAAAAAAAE8/DBKYmJOyUds/s400/002.JPG
  • chubswonky
    Options
    I wouldn't say that you eat a ton by any means
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Just LOOK at my diary. I eat a ton. Why is it so under?
    Your caloric intake is under your goal because you chose foods with low calorie density.
  • CarlyC08
    Options
    It looks like you are eating very little fat and not enough protein. Are you a vegetarian? A handful of nuts every day might help!
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I have looked, and to me it doesn't look like that much. And most of your items are definitely not calorie dense by any stretch of the imagination. If you want more calories at the end of the day you're gonna have to add more food or larger portions. Pretty simple. :)
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    add some protein of some kind, your body will thank you :)
  • arispawild
    Options
    well, looking at your diary you seem to eat well. are you sure about the portions of your food? for example, you said you ate 2 oz of pasta today. you know 2 oz of pasta is very little, perhaps you are eating more than just 2 oz.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_y9-a4ddxjio/Ss6Cp-iw8NI/AAAAAAAAAE8/DBKYmJOyUds/s400/002.JPG

I ate about 4 oz, but I knew the nutrition for my pasta at four and it matched that one at 2 haha.
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    You eat a lot of fruits and veggies - which are all low in calories!
    You also don't seem to eat much in terms of bread/pasta, which is where a lot of calories come from!

If you are worried about it, try adding some nuts, dried fruit, etc...

Instead of just eating fruit and oatmeal, try making a parfait with yogurt...
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    mission makes a flaxseed and blue corn tortilla, I bet that would be good crisped up in a skillet with a little peanut butter on top. That would add some calories to your breakfast.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I second (or third) that some more protein would be good. Nuts or beans (or meat if you aren't vegetarian). I little bit of nuts go a long way...
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    More protein and I would suggest you try and get a lot more calories at breakfast.
  • arispawild
    Options
    More protein and I would suggest you try and get a lot more calories at breakfast.

I can't, I take Ritalin in the mornings so breakfast has to be small because my appetite is not there.
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Vegetarian? or Vegan?

Most meals look good except for dinner.
    I agree you need some protein.
    More soy, beans or nuts... if your vegan
    and some dairy if your vegetarian.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i like your diary! your choices look good and healthy and colorful :) your lunches seem small at times, so maybe you should consider adding some tofu, couscous, hummus, protein shakes, 100 calorie almond packs, tempeh!
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Also, what is your goal? Gain? Lose? Maintain? Are you achieving that goal? Are you monitoring your nutritonal needs? It isn't all about the calories.
  • bonogul
    Options
    i see :) well i guess as long as you get the food portions right and feel full you should be fine. However, if you want to actually be able to eat more, i would advise you to do some weight training and also increase you protein intake at the same time. But you are also 16, so don't push your self too hard at the gym.
    And don't worry about your weight at such a young age, you are by no means overweight.

enjoy life :)
  • bonogul
    Options
    well also another thing, ritalin does decrease appetite. ask your doc if you can skip on it on the weekends at least or switch to non-stimulating med. but again consult your doc first. :)
  • arispawild
    Options
    Also, what is your goal? Gain? Lose? Maintain? Are you achieving that goal? Are you monitoring your nutritonal needs? It isn't all about the calories.
    Maintain
  • arispawild
    Options
    well also another thing, ritalin does decrease appetite. ask your doc if you can skip on it on the weekends at least or switch to non-stimulating med. but again consult your doc first. :)

Nononononon
    I can't stand the feel when I don't take it. No.
    I am not in control of myself. I'd rather have no appetite and be happy
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options

Is what you linked 2 ounces of wet pasta? The 2 ounce weight is supposed to be dry. It's a lot more than that. I eat pasta on a fairly regular basis and weigh it before I cook it. It usually fills the plate.
    From http://plate-by-plate.com/size-it-up-ziti-rigati-pasta/ -

ziti-2-ounces.jpg

ziti-2-ounces2.jpg