MFP is duplicating my daily exercise over and over on my diary (android) MFP app

Options
I got a new Note 10 and downloaded the MFP and Samsung Health apps to the new phone. They were playing nice on my LG V60 and now MFP is taking in 152 calorie exercise duplicating the exercise individually to where I'm up to over 1k calories on my diary. I delete the extras out and they just come back. I've uninstalled both apps and tried twice and it's still doing it. I've allowed all permissions on Samsung Health, don't know what to do. Thanks for any help!

Replies

• travelusdog
    travelusdog Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm having problems even synching the 2!!! Tried all the same methods
  • matt63634
    matt63634 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm having the exact same problem. I'm coming from Garmin Connect which worked flawlessly. Any idea on a fix?!?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    matt63634 wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem. I'm coming from Garmin Connect which worked flawlessly. Any idea on a fix?!?

Log into web account and click on Help and notice current issues for trackers.
    Sometimes gives a clue as to which side is having the issue - tracker not receiving ACK's on transfer so it does it again, MFP for not sending it, ect.
  • rockinrose4u
    rockinrose4u Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found a solution to this? I have the Galaxy S21 ultra plus a Galaxy 4 watch. I just got a rowing machine in my watch is set to Auto detect exercises and it knows I did the rowing machine twice today but it's duplicating. This has happened before and every time I delete the two that are duplicated they keep coming back. Has anyone found a fix yet or know what's causing it?
  • Technikal85
    Technikal85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The following worked for me:

There are two ways to connect Samsung health to My fitness pal. Both are in My Fitness Pal.

Number one is under apps and devices.

Number two is found under steps.

If you connect under apps and devices first, you will also have to connect under steps. Which leads to My Fitness Pal double registering your exercises.

Disconnect Samsung health under apps and devices, and steps.

Then go back in and connect to Samsung health in steps only. It will autoconnect under apps devices, but will only register one set of exercises as you didn't manually connect twice.

Hopefully this is clear. Maybe somebody better at grammar could clean it up.

Anyway, hope it helps. It worked for me!
  • FatherTimex
    FatherTimex Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is still an issue. Exercise from Samsung Health is being duplicated repeatedly.
  • hennie25800
    hennie25800 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also having the same issue still. It used to be working perfectly fine. I didn't even change devices or anything and it's just started to duplicate my exercises over and over and over. Currently I have 5800 calories remaining for the day while it should be only about 480. I tried the suggestion posted by Technikal85, I now have 7000+ calories available :|
  • deflef5292
    deflef5292 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Habe seit Gestern auch das Problem das sich die Übungen immer wieder duplizieren. Alles versucht bis zum neuen Account. Nichts hilft.
  • nicolahocking840
    Options
    If anyone finds solution fab I've tried everything..it just started if can't resolve I'm deleting as just ridiculous and dsmned frustrating as it was a fab app
  • saltmania
    saltmania Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had this start happenening the last couple weeks for me.
  • rlowes2017
    rlowes2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. I've only noticed it on one particular day. I'm unsure if I've overlooked other days when this has happened. Every time I try and delete the duplicated exercise entries they automatically get added back to my daily log and copied again. It's like it's coming back for vengeance after being deleted.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    rlowes2017 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. I've only noticed it on one particular day. I'm unsure if I've overlooked other days when this has happened. Every time I try and delete the duplicated exercise entries they automatically get added back to my daily log and copied again. It's like it's coming back for vengeance after being deleted.

MFP sends an exercise delete off to the synced 3rd party to decide how to deal with it.
    Samsung must be resending the workout data.

For instance Fitbit will delete the workout on their side. (well, at least a year ago they did)
    Garmin does not delete the workout.

Sounds like Samsung does not. And they resend it.

If you delete on Garmin side or change calories, neither does it update the MFP side, whereas Fitbit does.
    It's all up to the 3rd party how they will deal with it.

If the team that coded for sending data to MFP API's is being sent new invalid data from say another team that just added new workouts to what Samsung will display - problems.
    MFP could be simply adding the workout with a name that is valid, but reporting back to Samsung invalid exercise name - Samsung responds with a resend of the workout.

Garmin did that for a bit. Seems mostly exercises with a pace/speed in the name.
    Maybe Samsung created some new exercise names though.

• shoeshine2
    shoeshine2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found the response left by Technikal85 seemed to work for me.... BUT
    there are actually 3 ways to connect the two two aps. The method not mentioned if connecting them FROM Samsung Health. The three dots/settings/Apps/Calorie Counter - MyFitnessPal/all permissions. I had to turn off that permission FIRST, then authorize the sharing FROM MyFitnessPal.
    So far it seems to be working. Since the problem is intermittent I will not know for certain for while.