Breakfast rut

Options
SunLove8
SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
I litterally eat the same thing for breakfast everyday. I like something that fills me up for multiple hours, easy maitnence (sp?), low cal and that tastes great. Any suggestions???

Replies

• vancouveritegirl
    Options
    I eat this pretty much every day..

1/4 cup of quick cooking oats ( I use Goji Omega Boost Oatmeal)
    1/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
    1/2 scoop of vanilla protein power
    1/4 cup blueberries
    1 tbsp hemp hearts (or flax or chia whatever you like!)
    liberal amounts of cinnamon!

I sometimes add extra fiber using GG Scandinavian Crisps or a full scoop of protein powder but I never usually need it!

All of that for around 230 calories and sooo good! :):)

Other good breakfast is pumpernickle bread with a tbsp of almond butter and a piece of fruit on the side!
  • parneli
    parneli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to cook up a batch of steel cut oats using half water and half almond or coconut milk. I dividie it up into serving sizes and then each morning I pull out a container of that, heat and serve with some fresh berries. That's the rut I'm stuck in.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    bump............
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Chobani, almonds, and a piece of fruit.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters w/no fat cream cheese OR laughing cow chipotle cheese wedge and jaleneno peppers and whole wheat bagel thin.
    Hummus and Mexi-snax sesame tortilla chips.
    Whole wheat bagel thin w/peanut butter and sugar free jam
    Just a few ideas.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    No suggestions here. I'm in a rut too. Cheerios.
  • SunLove8
    Options
    I eat this pretty much every day..

1/4 cup of quick cooking oats ( I use Goji Omega Boost Oatmeal)
    1/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
    1/2 scoop of vanilla protein power
    1/4 cup blueberries
    1 tbsp hemp hearts (or flax or chia whatever you like!)
    liberal amounts of cinnamon!

I sometimes add extra fiber using GG Scandinavian Crisps or a full scoop of protein powder but I never usually need it!

All of that for around 230 calories and sooo good! :):)

Other good breakfast is pumpernickle bread with a tbsp of almond butter and a piece of fruit on the side!

YUM! Thank you, I will try this for sure. ;)
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    http://everydayerntson.blogspot.com/2011/04/weight-watchers-fruit-and-honey-bars.html

I make these every week and my husband still request them...
  • SunLove8
    Options
    Egg beaters w/no fat cream cheese OR laughing cow chipotle cheese wedge and jaleneno peppers and whole wheat bagel thin.
    Hummus and Mexi-snax sesame tortilla chips.
    Whole wheat bagel thin w/peanut butter and sugar free jam
    Just a few ideas.

Mexi-snax sesame tortilla chips? Sounds right up my alley! Thanks!
  • SunLove8
    Options
    I like to cook up a batch of steel cut oats using half water and half almond or coconut milk. I dividie it up into serving sizes and then each morning I pull out a container of that, heat and serve with some fresh berries. That's the rut I'm stuck in.

Hmmmm....cocunut milk. I never thought to use that with oatmeal. Great idea, thanks!
  • Earthhorse
    Earthhorse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What are hemp hearts? I tried flax and noticed excess facial hair so I stopped using it (yes I know it should have the opposite affect but not for me lol)
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    2 Morning star sausage links and 2 low fat eggo waffles with a little bit of syrup or peanut butter
  • SunLove8
    Options
    Chobani, almonds, and a piece of fruit.

I really wish I liked greek yogurt but I honestly can't stand it. I tried just about every flavor...I think it's the texture or maybe that it tastes bitter to me. Wished I liked it though because it's a great way to get your protein!
  • SunLove8
    Options
    2 Morning star sausage links and 2 low fat eggo waffles with a little bit of syrup or peanut butter

That sounds great!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I keep a batch of steel cut oats in the fridge but do that 3-4 mornings a week. I just made a small batch of multigrain pancakes that I can zap in the morning with a veggie sausage pattie, I also cook 2 slices of thick bacon the night before and make a bfast sammie with soft wedge cheese, sandwich thins and spinach. All are quite filling. I also have a bfast sammie that is egg beater and veggie sausage cooked together in a little pan and the same spinach, wedge cheese of choice and sandwich thins.
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options

That sounds great!

Also easy and amazingly cheap. I would definitely suggest peanut butter over syrup for staying full longer.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and granola!
  • hanky1
    Options
    Baked beans on toast
    Porridge with half a banana or honey
    Scrambled eggs on toast
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    3 servings of egg whites, the ones in the milk carton. A 100 cal burrito shell, the high in fiber one. Usually a cut up Roma Tomato with mustard. I nuke the egg whites in a bowl with a dash of spray olive oil. Really fills me up and is 200 calories.