Looking For Egg Bake Recipes

Options
ehju0901
ehju0901 Posts: 366 Member
Hi All,

I am looking for some egg bake recipes that are high protein/low calorie. I've Googled a few, but am interested if any members here have any that they enjoy.

I have never made anything like this, but I assume it is an easy way to meal prep breakfast for the week.

Thanks!

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure whether this is the sort of thing you’re looking for because I’ve not come across the term ‘egg bake’ here in the UK.

I tend to make it for quick tasty lunches but if you eat breakfast then I’m sure it would be good for that too. It’s delicious and very satisfying.

https://bakingqueen74.co.uk/courgette-butternut-squash-lentil-bake/
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure whether this is the sort of thing you’re looking for because I’ve not come across the term ‘egg bake’ here in the UK.

I tend to make it for quick tasty lunches but if you eat breakfast then I’m sure it would be good for that too. It’s delicious and very satisfying.

https://bakingqueen74.co.uk/courgette-butternut-squash-lentil-bake/

This looks perfect, thank you!
  • Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I load spinach, a scrambled egg or two with a splash of milk, a little cheese, maybe some diced ham, maybe some mushrooms, and I’ll even tear a piece of bread into pieces (you get the idea, no real recipe) into the pan of my air fryer and turn it on. It makes a quiche-type thing, super quick and easy (except when I’m weighing and measuring). Not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but it might help someone!
  • tholden4
    tholden4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I make egg bites. I use a muffin tin and put 1/4 cup egg white a couple pieces broccoli some chopped up onion I sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon fresh good aged Parmesan cheese. Then bake in oven. Two bites come in at 94 calories 2 gm carb
    2 gm fat and 15 gm protein. You can mix in anything you like.
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    tholden4 wrote: »
    I make egg bites. I use a muffin tin and put 1/4 cup egg white a couple pieces broccoli some chopped up onion I sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon fresh good aged Parmesan cheese. Then bake in oven. Two bites come in at 94 calories 2 gm carb
    2 gm fat and 15 gm protein. You can mix in anything you like.

Is just baked at 350 for how long? Sounds good.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Looks like "egg bake" is what we call "breakfast casserole" in the states. :smile:

I don't have any recipes of my own, but hopefully someone else will (and I will get them, too!). My workday breakfasts start with something kind of similar - egg whites that I've baked up in a pan and then serve open-faced on toast with Laughing Cow pepper jack cheese or guacamole. From time to time, I've added bits of leftover ham or shredded cheese. I use 24 fluid ounces egg whites in a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Sometimes it needs to go a little longer if I use add-ins.
  • kbmnurse3
    kbmnurse3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I cook up veggies. Use about 8 eggs/whisk. Add veggies to the bottom of a glass baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Add eggs/pepper and sprinkle any cheese you have on top. Bake 35 min at 350. Cut into squares and enjoy. Freezes well.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I have used cottage cheese (which is very high protein) in breakfast casseroles with a lot of success. If you don't like cottage cheese, it's OK because the texture smooths out when it bakes. I like to use cooked greens and mushrooms, with eggs and regular shredded/grated cheese (you can use whatever you have). Meat is nice too but isn't nearly as low calorie.
  • ALJ0729
    ALJ0729 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've made these for the last two weeks and have really enjoyed them! I've even added mushrooms, spinach and little bit of crumbled sausage.

https://mealplanaddict.com/baked-cottage-cheese-egg-muffins/