Ditch the scale..

Ditch the scale till the end of this month with me.
Since trying to lose weight, I noticed that I've been weighing myself everyday and I let the normal fluctuations frustrate me.
I want to start by trying not to weigh myself till Oct. 1st.
Anyone want to join me?

Replies

• I should. BUt it will be hard. I will give it a try!!!
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    I can't because of a program called Libra. It asks us to log in weight every day and makes a graph of what the future will look like based on results from the last 10 days. On MFP I am trying to log in only once every week.
  • mashamoshpit
    mashamoshpit Posts: 11 Member
    I'll try! :)
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Won't join ya, but I'll support you in doing what works for you. I'm a daily weigher (multiple times a day actually) and I do it because it works for me.
  • I need to but that would probably be the equivalent to a crack head giving up crack! I will vow to weigh only once per week!
    (trust me, that's HUGE for me! lol!)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    I weigh everyday, log it at skinnyr.com and only log my lowests here. Seeing the fluctuations helps me lose smarter. Also, I have a very specific goal weight for military enlistment so I will pass. But I wanted to pop in and say that if you think it will work better for you, then GO FOR IT! Good luck! :D
  • Im going to try this too! I cant take the upset so my husband said he would remove the batteries!
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    I only weigh myself once a week, on the Wii fit as I don't have scales in the house :)
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Ok I'm in. I weighed in this morning. I won't weigh again until Saturday 1st October.

I've also driven myself a bit nuts with the whole fluctuation thing.

Good idea. Thanks

Slán
    Phil
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Sure, I'll *try*. Think I'll tell my husband to hide the scale. lol
  • Yep...count me in!! I had a HUGE realisation yesterday that weighing in is why WW didn't work for me once I'd reached goal: I am eating for the scale!! I watch what I eat a few days before the weigh in, then completely pig out once I've weighed. So, weighing in isn't actually helping me to make the lifestyle change.

So, Oct. 1st it is then!

I'll add you, as well, and we can help each other out!
  • thanks for all the support.
    and to the ones who are joining me, it's only 10 days, we can do it! :happy:
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    I am with you. I am ditching it til the new year, only taking my measurements and body fat. Why? Because I can't believe that at 290 lbs, the scale is stuck. *SIGH*
  • LegzyK
    LegzyK Posts: 172 Member
    I feel you! And I'm with ya too, I get so excited to see I've lost 2 lbs only to have gained 3 back the next day...I've already stopped weighing myself it makes me feel like i've made NO progress!