zumba

Options
Hi, does anyone know how many calories, an hour of Zumba can burn?

Replies

• lovetoride00
    Options
    dont know but i bet you could google it
    :smile:
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I burned 231 calories in one hour yesterday doing the beginner ( learning the moves .) I am sure that if you are not stopping to learn you are probably burning more. I had a calorie counter on, but the jury is still out on if that properly works or not.
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Depends on the intensity you put in. I just did 45 minutes of zumba along with my toning sticks and burnt 382 calories. You can also get a heart rate monitor. that would really help
  • tmak1
    Options
    Hi the high impact Zumba's can burn upto 600 - 800 calories. i account for 400 just to be on the safe side. hope this helps!
  • amyjo5879
    Options
    I guess it would depend on how long the class was and how intense it was. My Zumba instructor held her class for 1 hour and I swear nobody left with a dry stitch of clothes on them. She estimated that if you worked to your highest potential, you could burn up to 500-600 calories per session. When I was doing Zumba faithfully, with Zumba alone and not really watching what I ate, I lost 30 pounds in 3 months. Good luck. I am getting ready to start Zumba back too!!!
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    I love Zumba!!
    I went to Zumbacalories.com then added it to my exercises :)
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Here is a great site suggested by a fellow MFP poster. Don't you love zumba?
  • nickiemcg
    Options
    I do zumba twice a week and i burn roughly 500-600 calories in 45 mins! It really depends and how much you put into it :-) Go for it and just have fun, any calories burnt is better than none!!