Hellooooooo ... My Attempt #4,386 to get Healthier

Options
I am a guy creeping up on 50-yrs-old, a chronic (dieting) failure but am determined to make this work. Have done MFP some time ago, WW, Optavia, Intermittent Fasting, hoping shaking things up MFP style will help me motivate. I need to lose about 60 lbs to get to a normal BMI, with some side goals of improving activity, working on not just lower calories but healthier choices (to decrease BP, cholesterol, pre-diabetes). It really is time to get serious. Yes. Absolutely.

Would love to journey with others getting (re)started in the journey towards health, maybe with similar goals, people determined and wanting to keep each other motivated (!) and accountable (!).

Let's do this!

Replies

• wae2go
    wae2go Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’ve done all those diets, too. Gain and lose, gain and lose. I lost 90, got to goal weight then gained 60. So here I go to lose that. 😬
  • sns0325
    sns0325 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...your story is mine too. I'm just going through the motions and not losing anything. I don't want to enter my 50's 300+ lbs. My goal is to lose 100lbs to get to my ideal weight. I'm under no delusions that I'll lose it all in the next 8 months. but I hope I can get close. I'm looking for an "accountability buddy"
  • prabhatlnct2008
    prabhatlnct2008 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on 219 lbs for past 50 days. Around 125 days ago I stopped drinking alcohol and that has really helped me get to 219 from 245. Now I want to get back on track and loose atleast 25 lbs in next 40 days.
  • claudiawilsson
    claudiawilsson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Already got my dream shape
    Maintaining it is my goal
  • Ellevated
    Ellevated Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me. It took me many failed attempts before I started slimming successfully but I have kept it off and continue on my health journey. I'm so passionate about it that I post to help motivate others who are just starting out, whether that's for the first or 4386th time!
  • Chubblenort
    Chubblenort Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same. I'm 51 and at my heaviest. All of you who have lost it, I found it - it's on my *kitten*. But seriously, I am at my all time low and starting from scratch. I want to drop 60lbs of fat in the next 8 months. Good luck to you and stay focused. We're here to cheer you on!
  • Chubblenort
    Options
    That comment sounds/implies something much more rude (*kitten*) than the original comment thanks to the site's censorship. The original comment was much less offensive! Too bad we life in a world where even a low level non-swear word referring to one's posterior needs to be censored.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    That comment sounds/implies something much more rude (*kitten*) than the original comment thanks to the site's censorship. The original comment was much less offensive! Too bad we life in a world where even a low level non-swear word referring to one's posterior needs to be censored.

It's not personal. When posters type in certain words, the APP automatically puts "kitten" in it's place. In the past there was some awful language used by some posters, so this is the result. It was offensive to some of the members. People that are used to it type in their own "kitten" without waiting for the censors.
  • Chubblenort
    Options
    Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification.
  • LifesGood0718
    LifesGood0718 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We can do this! Sending love and support to all of us on our journeys! I have never been this big and I'm ready to change (finally!) I want this. I know if I start losing weight it will reduce my back pain and I can start moving again! I want to walk my dog for longer than 7 minutes :'( and be able to do more with my husband! <3
  • mcnabb2081
    mcnabb2081 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m creeping closer and closer to my all time highest weight, over 40, and suffer from arthritis, and back injury. I’m here to lose weight and create a healthy lifestyle