What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    If I walk at least 5 minutes of every hour of the work day that’s at least 40 minutes of walking
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    8cojptm0an2k.gif

I'm sitting in the doctor's office and one phone is ringing but being ignored. The receptionist is on the other phone chatting away with someone. The music in the background is louder than usual. The couple across from me is having a spat. The guy next to them keeps making awkward contact. I want to run...I can't deal with all this noise. Is this a condition? I'm freaking out rn 😫
    I’m overstimulated just reading that
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,812 Member
    Options
    8cojptm0an2k.gif

I'm sitting in the doctor's office and one phone is ringing but being ignored. The receptionist is on the other phone chatting away with someone. The music in the background is louder than usual. The couple across from me is having a spat. The guy next to them keeps making awkward contact. I want to run...I can't deal with all this noise. Is this a condition? I'm freaking out rn 😫
    Yes, I was starting to get heart palpitations myself. 🖤
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    8cojptm0an2k.gif

cmsienk wrote: »
    8cojptm0an2k.gif

Yes, I was starting to get heart palpitations myself. 🖤

Thank you both...wish you were here 😭
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I know right now you can’t tell
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Who knew a beef sausage (Rindswurst) and fries could be so delicious after walking in a Christmas market for a couple of hours?
    ww3omwp8e5k3.jpg
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,210 Member
    Options
    Who knew a beef sausage (Rindswurst) and fries could be so delicious after walking in a Christmas market for a couple of hours?
    ww3omwp8e5k3.jpg

Ooooh nice. How was the market???
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I think I've made myself too busy.
    Between hosting parties (Hallmark movie and toy collection this weekend), this volunteer driving (picked up an extra shift Friday and Monday will be a long one but can visit the lake), Christmas Oreo, people at skating asking when I'll be there, other friends inviting us to events, oh the charity event Friday for friends I made in my class last year, oh ya I forgot trying to get my next course done in a week. I can do that all right. Oh ya I forgot I have to source a ramp for getting my mom into my house I better make a list
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2022
    Options
    ww3omwp8e5k3.jpg

It was great! Beautiful lights, lots of booths... but very crowded. My job is done at 11am today, so some of us are going back. I fell in love with some intricate German made cookie cutters but that vendor only took cash and I didn't have enough. Hitting the ATM in the hotel today.
    (ETA: Not like a heist... just getting a cash advance in my cc) 😁
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Between hosting parties (Hallmark movie and toy collection this weekend), this volunteer driving (picked up an extra shift Friday and Monday will be a long one but can visit the lake), Christmas Oreo, people at skating asking when I'll be there, other friends inviting us to events, oh the charity event Friday for friends I made in my class last year, oh ya I forgot trying to get my next course done in a week. I can do that all right. Oh ya I forgot I have to source a ramp for getting my mom into my house I better make a list
    You had me at "Christmas Oreo." Please elaborate
  • Kenn1414
    Kenn1414 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    They called with my surgery schedule. It isn’t until 3pm. Nothing to eat/drink after midnight. I’m on a 2 hour eating schedule these days. 🐷 It’s going to be rough. Will be glad when Tuesday is over, and recovery begins.

Ugh, this is the absolute worst. Hopefully you can sleep most of the day away, and stay busy up until you go in. Wishing you nothing but the best for the op.

Also, on my mind, I wish I was an island gal too. Sounds lit.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    They called with my surgery schedule. It isn’t until 3pm. Nothing to eat/drink after midnight. I’m on a 2 hour eating schedule these days. 🐷 It’s going to be rough. Will be glad when Tuesday is over, and recovery begins.

I hate this for you! The last surgery I had was scheduled for 2:00 p.m. but it was rescheduled bc like a dumb *kitten* I ended up tossing a piece of gun in my mouth. 😑

Take good care of yourself. ❤️ This will be all behind you before you know it.

• Alinouveau2
    Options
    You had me at "Christmas Oreo." Please elaborate

I think I meant Christmas prep hahah. But now I'm interested. Maybe I'll incorporate Oreos into the gingerbread house this year
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    ww3omwp8e5k3.jpg

It was great! Beautiful lights, lots of booths... but very crowded. My job is done at 11am today, so some of us are going back. I fell in love with some intricate German made cookie cutters but that vendor only took cash and I didn't have enough. Hitting the ATM in the hotel today.
    (ETA: Not like a heist... just getting a cash advance in my cc) 😁

Share pics of those cookie cutters. How fun
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    When you're 5 minutes into skating class and the instructor falls and breaks a wrist.
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Meh never mind. It’s too much
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    Meh never mind. It’s too much

"We need to talk later"
  • TwitchyMagee