a short introduction

Options
A friend of mine mentioned website, and I never really looked at it. Until this morning when I decided this is it! I need to once and for all loose this weight. I feel out of control, and I hate looking at myself in the mirror.
This site is soo cool, as well as the Blackberry App :) so now I can track on the go....which is awesome.
I have tried ALL the diets out there, Weight Watchers, Weigh-less (south african), Atkins, sure slim, you name it. I just can't keep at it.
I lost 15kg on sure slim 2 and a half years ago, but all the weight is back,and I'm depressed and lack motivation and determination! I feel like I have NO self control. It's a vicious circle: feel depressed = eat a chocolate = feeling guilty because you had the chocolate = depressed...and so it carries on.
For once and for all I need to get my eating under control.
One day when I have kids, I don't want them to be all chubby and have health issues, because they're following in my example!
So here we go....1 stay of a new strategy.
Wish me luck
xxx

Replies

• Bailey543
    Options
    Good luck! This site is great! I have learned so much in such a short amount of time!
  • emmalay84
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck!! You can do it!! Every day is a new day, just don't give up at your goal! If your mind is right and you want it bad enough it will come with time... I just say no to fried foods, watch what I eat & drink plenty of water. I actually like working out now and it just overall makes me happy! I know you will do great!!
  • Lorraine404229
    Lorraine404229 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well good luck, you will certainly get the support you need on here - welcome :flowerforyou:
  • TTBMILLER
    TTBMILLER Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i can relate to trying different weight loss products/services and feeling discouraged. maybe we can be buddies. good luck! tee
  • sparrett
    sparrett Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Good luck! Focus on your weightloss as a lifestyle change not a diet. As you know, weight always comes back from these crash diets. Read some articles, get some support and track your food through fitnesspal. I previously used a not so great sight to track my calories and it helps SO much! By seeing how much you're eating you can adapt to your personal choices. Fitnesspal has a very accurate calorie count and a HUGE database of food!

Keep in touch through your progress!
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    You're in the right place. I wish you all the best on your journey. Feel free to add me if you'd like.