Protein powder

Options
I have tried so many different protein powders and I’m finding I don’t like any of the flavored kind.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good one that’s unflavored?
Tagged:

Replies

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    a lot of people use 'unflavored Isopure' protein powder and some use unflavored egg white protein powder.. both i found hard to mix in a regular blender bottle though so a blender/nutribullet is good to have for those.

i know you said you found you don't like any flavored kind but, have you tried Keto Chow?? my fav and i dislike most flavored protein powders too except for quests cinnamon crunch that i only use to make protein pancake with.
  • lnagrsia
    lnagrsia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think protein powder kinda becomes an acquired taste, it doesn't taste great at first but I take Gold Standards 100% Isolate Chocolate Bliss flavor, i too have tried different kinds and didn't like a lot of them but this way stays smooth and doesn't get frothy or thick and it's not overpowering in flavor but doesn't taste horrible. I mix mine with 2% milk as well, it's nasty in water even though they say milk slows down the absorption.
  • capgordon1293
    capgordon1293 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Supplements are such a mind field I struggle
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    I love Sunflower seed protein powder, almond protein powder, and Sunwarrior Natural or NOW pea protein
  • spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I have a problem with the taste of most protein powders. You should look into whey protein isolate - which is whey that has been processed to reduce the fat and lactose. I use AGN Roots Grass-Fed Whey (which is an isolate). It doesn't alter the taste of things I mix it into (smoothies, oatmeal, even coffee). It's expensive, but worth it to me, because I actually use it.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I take two types per day, because of their different constituents. Jarrow Unflavored Whey and Anthony's Nutritional Yeast flakes. There is an acquired taste to both of these. I can "hide" the mild-ish whey in bread (I bake most of my own), mix it into oatmeal, etc. I sometimes do smoothies or bake it into bars I carry on bike rides. The yeast has a stronger flavor, somewhat reminiscent of cheese, but not like it at all. I mix it into oatmeal. It has protein, which is good, but also good B-complex. Some folks take powdered egg whites, which have less flavor. I'm over 60, and boost my protein consumption in these ways assuming my protein metabolism isn't what it used to be; this seems to work for me. Examine why you're taking powdered protein and then which ones work for you in your diet/mealplan will sort of shake out of the trees (whey, casein, pea, yeast, ...). Too many folks - and I'm not classifying you as this based on limited info in your post - only think of "protein powder" as a smoothie component and not "food." You get more flexible usage with it as "food." If you can eat/like peanuts, I think plain, organic peanut butter is a better consumption than peanut powder, for instance.
  • krugertami
    krugertami Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late weighing in, but thought I'd throw this out there....I don't love protein shakes, but I add Collagen to my coffee in the morning - 18 gm protein, at only 70 calories (Vital Proteins brand). An easy way to up my protein for minimal calories IMO (and it's tasteless).