Options
    Other - Please tell us in the comments!
    CICO, plain and simple :)
  • DFW_Tom
    DFW_Tom Posts: 218 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I don't believe in diets. The word implies only a temporary change in meal plan to achieve a goal. I have lost weight though by changing my, "forever-way-of-eating" to whole foods, lower carbs, higher protein and fiber. As long as I still have extra fat stores I use some of those stored calories to meet my daily energy needs.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Calories In, Calories out. Not restrictive at all but I stay away from junk food. I want this to be something I can maintain.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,078 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Basically calorie counting as others have described above, but also gradually tweaking my habitual eating patterns to feel full and satisfied, improve nutrition, keep energy level good, while eating foods I personally find tasty, practical and affordable. Lost from obese to a healthy weight in just under a year, now in year 7 of maintaining a healthy weight the same way.

Details here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

ETA: Thank you for including an "other" option. The poll feature here can be really perplexing when the OP has a limited list of options. Doing it this way encourages better discussion.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I don't follow any kind of named diet. I put a premium on good nutrition, keep my calories in check, and exercise regularly.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    CICO for me too....lost my weight just tracking calories and getting movement in every day. I'm looking at incorporating some of the MIND diet which is loosely based on the Mediterranean diet, but that's for some symptom management, not anything to do with my weight. Still contemplating though...