Best breakfast to start your day?

Options
I really don't know hoe to start my day, I want to find out the best breakfst that is healty, low calorie and good to go after to the gym? please help Thanks

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet, ton of veggies on a thomas's sahara mini pita.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I like the steel cut oats with some frozen blueberries in it. Very filling and yummy:) Good luck!
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I eat egg white omelet or steel cut oats
  • Greenwellj
    Options
    I have a protein shake. It has everything you need and makes you feel amazing! Make sure it is a good one though.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! Try katheats.com - she has tons of great recipes. If you're not into the fancy concoctions, try oatmeal with a banana and spoon of peanut butter...keeps me full forever!
  • Erneliz
    Erneliz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks, so you meet your goal, any tips to make it faster, I am new at counting calories and I never meet the better nutrients required. Im getting married on Summer and need to loose 66 pounds before that please help me!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I start my day out everyday with oatmeal. You can throw a scoop of protein powder in it for a little extra boost. Also as dls06 suggested, eggs (or egg whites) are another excellent way to kick off the day.
  • catlover98611
    catlover98611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I start my day with 8 oz of nonfat yogurt, 6 oz of fruit, 1 oz of long cooking oats.... filling and delicious, and I've eaten that almost every day for 10 months and have lost 70 pounds.... oh, and try to eat at about the same time each day and never skip breakfast, in fact, never skip a meal
  • MKB83
    MKB83 Posts: 31
    Options
    If I'm running - oatmeal or fruit and fibre cereal with fresh berries
    If it's just a "normal" day - eggs (poached, boiled or sauttee'd with veg), and yoghurt with a bit of fruit.

Depends on what you're doing at the gym, but protein + carbs are important!
  • Erneliz
    Erneliz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    like which one?
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I like fiberone ceareal with soymilk, whole wheat bagel with hummus, or high fiber oatmeal. I usually eat a banana or apple with any of these meals.each meal is between 300-400 calories.
  • lorika1977
    lorika1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would have to second the suggestion on oatmeal - very filling. You can use the instant packets at only 150 cal. They have plain and you can sweeten with honey or fruits or the flavored ones. Also, small sandwich with a boiled egg, a slice of reduced fat cheese and few slices of avocado on whole wheat Thomas this bagels ...
    Good luck!
  • erszike48
    Options
    I do a 250 calorie Herbalife protein shake. The calorie count includes the additives: this week I had a Cranberry Walnut (dried cranberries, walnuts and raspberry jello) and also I had an Oatmeal Scotchie (oatmeal, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, Oreo jello mix & butterscotch jello mix) or chocolate peanut butter banana.

Yummy and filling and low calorie!!!
  • Ckuykendall2
    Ckuykendall2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    this morning i had 8 egg white omelet with spinach, and low fat cheese, fresh squuezed oj, 4 pieces of turkey bacon and some blueberries and strawberries as well.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I tend to stick to the same options:

fruit smoothie
    egg & chicken bacon made into a muffin
    oatmeal with extra protein

K
  • Hooping4Life
    Options
    I agree with Yogurt whole heartedly. I like mine with granola though. I love the ZOI Greek Honey yogurt with a low fat Vanilla granola. YUMMY!
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I've started eating a higher calorie (but healthy calories), high protein breakfast to get my metabolism moving and combat hunger throughout the day. I have at least 500 calories for breakfast (used to have 150-240 max) and usually 40+ grams of protein. I have egg beaters, veggie "sausage", 6 oz of fruit, and usually cottage cheese or yogurt, sometimes a whole grain english muffin. At first it seemed like SO much food to me but it really keeps me feeling good all day. I just made these last night and they're great for putting in the fridge and quickly heating up each morning, if you make them with egg beaters it's even less calories:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/broccoli-and-cheese-mini-egg-omelets-2.html
  • ladybug927
    Options
    I have a 6oz greek yogurt with granola or fruit. Lots of protien, lo cal and keeps me full until lunch.
  • 228lrt
    228lrt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do 1/2 cup(dry) oatmeal, cook and add 1/2 cup each of low fat cottage cheese and greek yogurt. Lots of protein and keeps you from getting hungry all morning. Add fruit if you want, I add a peach during peach season.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    egg & chicken bacon made into a muffin

This sounds good..... You have the Recipe.....