New Here Y’all

Options
Hi everyone! I am new here and basically here to keep track of my nutrition and chit chat with y’all!! Well of course to lose weight, all extra 70lbs of me…. Look forward to making many new friends here. 💜🎄

Replies

• saggynaggy65
    saggynaggy65 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome smlalio66. I added you as a friend! I am 57 years old with about 20 pounds to lose.
  • momzilla11
    momzilla11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I returned to MFP almost 4 months ago after a decade-long break in which I gained so much weight that my previous goal of losing 70 pounds seemed like another lifetime. I am 68, with a bad knee and arthritis, and with this tool keeping me on track I've lost 29 pounds. Now I'm thrilled to be able to say I only have 60 pounds to lose in order to be in a healthy BMI range!

My particular journey included refining how I used the food tracking: getting more accurate and complete by weighing food, taking the time to enter my own foods rather than just use what's already in the database, and then pre-planning a week's worth of meals to set my intention.

My loss slowed in the past month...but hey, Thanksgiving to Christmas and still a 3 pound loss. I tracked everything, and see exactly why I didn't lose more.

I think you'll find that it's a valuable tool to support your efforts!

Here is one discussion that's worth a read:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10841733/at-goal-successfully-maintaining-so-why-am-i-doing-this-all-over-again#latest