Stopped Weighing - for now

Options
I'm assuming that I'm not the only one out there that gets discouraged when the scales don't move (down :) ). I have been losing 2 pounds and then gaining these two pounds over and over for the last few weeks.I have decided to weigh only once a month - on the first day of the month.

I know I'm losing inches cause my clothes are fitting better and in fact, I put on a pair of jeans that I haven't worn since the first of summer (which were tight and that's when I knew I had to change my ways) and they were a bit baggy. My clothes are fitting differently - looser and just fit better altogether. I don't totally understand the reasoning for the "lose fat, but gain muscle" thing, but I know something is happening.

Any whoo, I was just wondering if any one else had done this very thing while on their weight loss journey and how they felt about it.

Replies

• lsteirer
    Options
    I had the same problem, then changed my diet to higher protein. It's a 40% protein, 30% fat, 30% carbs ratio. With exercise, it's helped with the muscle building/fat burning, and the scale responded very nicely. Good luck!
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I did this just recently! I am weighing once a week.... Weighing daily was wearing me out! I was getting so frustrated with the up and down in numbers!! But, like you my clothes are fitting great and I can tell I am losing inches! Good luck and best wishes with your journey!
  • ecs1516
    ecs1516 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I also am having the same problem. But, my clothes are fitting different and I think I look slimmer . I can also tell I have more muscles.
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    definitely weigh yourself periodically, ideally on the same day and definitely in the morning when you get out of bed. the weight fluctuations are due to water-weight changes. I weigh myself every sunday morning after I get out of bed. I've heard somewhere that it's not just about losing weight, but it's about losing INCHES, which you have clearly accomplished! Keep up the good work.
  • jjhbeautiful
    jjhbeautiful Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think weighing yourself once a month sounds like a good plan. I know that I gain water weight, so every week I seem to lose 5 pounds and then the next week it's back.
  • janette130
    janette130 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions. Carry on :)