Show us your graphs!

Options
I am curious about what weight loss or maintenance looks like in graphs for other people.

Here is mine from the past month (in kgs):

wyjmjzgcdzcn.png

Replies

• refactored
    refactored Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I love my data and graphs 😆
    I also use Libra, which gives a nice view of the individual weigh-ins and the overall trend.

I love your graphs! The bars showing when you are above the trend line are informative. It's interesting to see an example of what maintenance looks like. I have never heard of Libra before. I will download it and start logging to it. Thanks for sharing.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Here's a big chunk of my loss, in pounds, for 5'5" F, when I was age 59-60. (I lost too fast for my size in there for a while: Don't do that. It's a bad plan, not healthy.) In real life, I started at 183 in April 2015, but I can't show the whole thing without losing the individual daily weights (at the ends of the vertical lines). The heavier solid horizontal/down connected line is the calculated statistical trend.

uonkvs82hc3a.png

Here is a long sweep of loss to maintenance, which does show the starting weight. I consider everything after that steep downhill to be maintenance, though it's obviously not a level horizontal line. I was overweight to obese for around 3 decades previous to that big loss, and the ups and downs in maintenance are all within a healthy weight range for me (lower 20s BMI), all in the same jeans size. I'm calling it maintenance even though I've drifted up (mostly unintentionally) then drifted down again (intentionally). Somewhere early on, I switched my goal from 120 to 125 - you can see that.

wji7ajiy8umh.png

I'd show a chart showing the whole span from start up to today, but Libra has had several updates recently, and the new format loses the weight labels on the left side when I zoom out, which isn't helpful. I hope they'll fix it - fixes are coming out near daily since the big change. There've been more of those mild ups and downs within the healthy range, and I weighed 128 pounds this morning.

P.S. Libra is an Android app. For Apple/iOS, there's Happy Scale. Trendweight is another, for which you need a free Fitbit account (but you don't need a Fitbit device - at least last I knew). Weightgrapher on the web is another one I've seen people mention.
  • refactored
    refactored Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @AnnPT77. It is interesting to see a few maintenance graphs. I think that is what I have done wrong previously. When I went into maintenance, I stopped weighing and tracking calories. I probably should have kept tracking my maintenance calories at least for a few months. But I think I will always have to monitor my weight. I am using Libra this time around and I think its graphs are more useful than just the MFP ones for loss as well as maintenance.
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I might have to look into Libra - I've found the data in the Renpho app useful. Will Libra pull data from Renpho or MFP, do you know? Answers so far seem to be somewhat ambiguous...

-m
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,117 Member
    Options
    You can import from .CSV files, if that answers your question?
  • newHampshirite
    newHampshirite Posts: 180 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    eoxel6by6wpx.png
    This shows an average rate loss rate of .2088 lb/day or 1.46 lb per week. Am now shooting for 155 lb followed by maintenance at 155 lb.
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    You can import from .CSV files, if that answers your question?

Indirectly, then. Renpho can export a .csv; meanwhile, Renpho has apparently been syncing with Google Fit although I don't use it, and Libra prompted to pull data from Fit so recent data is there. Pretty cool - I like the forecasting and the ability to manipulate the smoothing. Libra says I should be able to hit my goal by summer!

-m
  • tudorn96
    tudorn96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my weight loss for this year following a reverse diet for the first 6 months, into a cut for 4 months and now back into another reverse diet for the last 1.5-2 months. Dropped 28kgs in total and haven't had much weight & fat gain since reverse dieting back up the 2nd time. Currently sitting at 2600 calories, weighing in at around 59kgs.
    pdd1vkiagnhs.png
  • tigrig
    tigrig Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Mine has been a roller coaster of a journey but I have also gained alot of muscle mass along the way. The graph should be trending back down over the next couple months as I'm starting a cut
    uk0xh92ihkti.jpg
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    7mra0m0vhwxb.png
    Don’t know if I have done this right or not. I’m a data freak. Love charts, graphs, analysis. I’m going to look into libra for sure!
  • smilinheart56
    smilinheart56 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    wwvtco4m0o5h.jpg
  • momzilla11
    momzilla11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just saw this after starting a similar discussion...great minds ):

Here's my 3-month

2i8sxm8eyf1l.png
  • newHampshirite
    newHampshirite Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for showing these graphs showing inspiring progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!