Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Newish here!

I tried this app several years ago...now I'm back:) I have about 15-20lbs to lose, low-carb diet works best for me!

Replies

• rpapesr
    rpapesr Posts: 49 Member
    Member since 2012 but I haven't been logging seriously on this app since 2017. A lot has changed with the community section of this website but I just stumbled (more like fumbled) upon this post and looking for active users with similar goals for 2023. I have about 40 to lose to get back to 2017 but short term goals would be about 1/2 that to be realistic in expectations. Low-carb and exercise is my choice of weight loss too. I expect to be reliable in logging and posts through winter at least (hold me to it!). ~R
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,449 MFP Staff
    Welcome back @kellyz ! Happy to have you, and wishing you the best in meeting your new years goals!
  • Csmcnevin
    Csmcnevin Posts: 29 Member
    Hello, previously lost 60lbs between ww and mfp and kept most of it off for a number of years. However still carrying 20lbs from my first baby (now 8months old!) Determined to have lost the baby weight by baby's first birthday!
  • kellyz
    kellyz Posts: 2 Member
    Csmcnevin wrote: »
    Hello, previously lost 60lbs between ww and mfp and kept most of it off for a number of years. However still carrying 20lbs from my first baby (now 8months old!) Determined to have lost the baby weight by baby's first birthday!

Funny how that last 15-20lbs doesn't want to leave you! That's been my biggest struggle, and honestly I think it gets more difficult as I get older. I had no issues losing weight after my 2 kiddos (they are 11 and 9 years old now)...but since I've turned 40 it just wants to stick to me! (I'm 45;)