Waist gap women's pants

Options
2»

Replies

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    A great tailor does wonders! Also agree.. I learned a few simple fixes with a needle and thread and it has saved me in a pinch.

A great dress suit or tailored outfit will last forever if taken care of. I always admired my Moms staple items and one would never know they are a a few decades old. I’ve poached a few of her dress suits :)

I saw a cool video where the tailor added a skinny piece of elastic to the inner back waist and and it cinched the waist. Cost - $4 and 15 minutes.

I have a bubble bum and smaller waist.. so this really interested me!

• CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Those leggings might be OK for casual wear but I don't think they are very professional looking for work.

Way too clingy IMO for professional work attire

Totally wrong. I wore leggings every day when I used to work in an office. So did all the other girls. It’s totally normal and accepted now. Young people are just not gonna put up with bull**** dress code rules. We are not gonna tolerate being oppressed anymore. I like skintight clothes because I feel sexy and confident. I deserve what I want. Period. If other people don’t wanna see my big fat butt, too bad. It’s MY body and I’m gonna wear what makes ME feel good. :*
  • mostlyamazing
    mostlyamazing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    FitJeans. They are perfect for the girls with gains on the legs, and smaller in the waist. www.fitjeans com. I am in SA and they ship here, so I presume they will shop anywhere 😂
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ditto on the waist fit issues. I pretty much gave up on pants, and normally wear a dress and button shirt/sweater/vest over leggings or slipshorts. Plenty of comfortable and civilized-looking athletic dresses out there, and can buy nice-looking "cardigan clips" for cheap if wearing a button-up shirt over that needs a bit of tailoring.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Oh good, nightmares!
    if I find pants with a low waist and flared lower legs I buy several of them just to be sure I'm covered for the coming years. No help for you I guess, but yes,, I feel you sister.
  • spr931
    spr931 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This might sound weird, but have you ever tried men’s pants/shorts? My aunt recommended them to me, and I have several pairs that are relaxed enough to fit my curves and then some without being too big in the waist.

If you like tactical pants, 5.11 Tactical’s ABR pro pants are amazing! These pants have a ton of pockets and they fit both my tiny waist and my big hips really well. Their tdu pants are good for big hips too, but they don’t have the stretch that the ABRs have. I find mine used online, bc I don’t like to support a company that mistreats its workers and makes its products in China.

Hope this helps!

I've found men's Relaxed Fit jeans to fit me better than woman's jeans. Wrangler 5 star relaxed fit. They're thick though so not a summer jeans. I work in a warehouse so I don't need to look nice. Just casual jeans Tshirt kinda workplace.
    Some women's stuff that does fit me are random ones that I found at goodwill and got lucky with and when I need more I go online to eBay or Poshmark and look for that exact kind.

I've been spending most of the summer wearing Riveted by Lee carpenter capris . They're a little more high waisted than I'd like , but leave plenty of room for the thighs.

D&Co jeans are the other summer weight brand I like that doesn't have a waist gap.
    And speaking of tactical clothing. Old Army issue camo uniforms are probably the most comfortable pants I've ever worn. I had a pair of boots from 5.11 tactical. It's a good quality brand.

• jiggyj9
    jiggyj9 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I wear mostly Banana Republic suits for work. They have a good curvy pant line.