Seeking WOMEN only for accountability and support

Options
Hi. I’m 53 with the THREE M’s….Married, Mom, Menopause. I had previously lost 35 pounds and was at my maintenance weight for over 4 years. Gained some back recently…Struggling….and finding it harder to lose now that I’m an older gal. Looking for female friends, any age, to keep each other uplifted every day.

My Diary is private. I’m not looking for anyone to critique my food choices and I won’t criticize yours, just seeking support. :)

Replies

• sparrish47
    sparrish47 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am here to support you. I would love a support person or an accountability partner as well. My name is Cheri I live in Alaska. I am 56 soon to be 57 love dogs not sure what else but I do need to lose close to 50 pounds and very stressful job, not a lot of time. Apparently a lot of excuses great sense of humor anyway, do you want to hang out? I will send you a friend Her how to do that one
  • obrienann107
    obrienann107 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 mum of three could do with support anyone want to add me
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ♥️
  • hartlandmom
    hartlandmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m 53 with the 3 M’s as well! I’m also looking for accountability. I’ll add you so we can motivate each other!
  • Plava74
    Plava74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Can you count me in? I like your positive atitude!

I am 48, single, but I am sure I will fit in. I want to loose the weight before the menopause and I have around 50 pounds to loose. I am new here and from Europe so I hope I will find this later :)

My plan is to survive until Christmas and than start after that overeating with family and friends.
    What is your plan?
  • Plava74
    Plava74 Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    And I want that you all to know that I am bad cook :) But I will do my best!

I admitted it! Yeeeeeah! :)
  • Tracytheknitter
    Tracytheknitter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I’m 56, mum, married and Australian. Wanting to improve my health by establishing some healthy habits and routines. Would appreciate a friend or two to help me stay focused
  • bestmeever2023
    bestmeever2023 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm a 54 year old mum of 6 children (4 of them are out of the home). I am looking to lose a little over 30 lbs, and would love to have accountability partners (it's not so easy for me to do this on my own).

Desiree, CA
    (Originally from New Zealand)
  • krgoodwyn
    krgoodwyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 52 year old and also the THREE M's! I have recently packed on a few pounds and would like to lose 12-15 pounds. I would love to have some positive support and a gang to cheer me on. I always do better with accountability.
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am all in now that the holidays are over and I am back to cooking and eating meals at home. Weight is gradually beginning to come off. Watching portion sizes, making good choices and working towards getting back to my goal weight of 140 (I am 149.6 pounds this morning). Also walking, biking, and weight training. The funny thing is that my brothers, their wives, and even my own mother asked how I stay so slim.
  • TamiVsTheTrail
    TamiVsTheTrail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 59 and have a goal to lose 50 pounds this year. I'm an avid hiker and most of my workouts are outdoors in nature. I've got 3 grown kids, 6 grandkids and a husband who doesn't love hiking but adores me so comes out on some of my adventures. Add me, I'm looking for motivation buddies.
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 with three M's also. I have three kids out of the house and two teenagers. I love to hike, camp, and bike. I've been hampered the past year when my hip gave out. I'm in line for a hip replacement but would like to lose some weight pre surgery so here I am. I teach so am shooting for summer surgery. Looking forward to the shared support.
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    *my name is Bitta
  • oavalos73
    oavalos73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 67 mother & grandmother and feeling completely healthy except when I went for my medical checkup my labs were all out of range I was shocked.My doctor says if I loose at 15 pounds my numbers will go back to normal.So I joined my fittnespal,I can use all the help and support.

Thank you in advance.
  • tqcjj4fhcb
    tqcjj4fhcb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join this group. 58 year old mom, done with menopause, demanding job, gained 40 pounds over last 15 years. Happy to be back on track thanks to myfitnesspal, which my teenage son recommended I try last fall. Tracking everything I eat has been eye-opening and I’ve started moving my body again. Have lost 19 pounds and 21 to go to goal weight of 125.
  • Reader818
    Reader818 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m 40 and a mom of two very small children. I have the terrible eating and exercise habits that go along with that. I’m pretty committed to losing 20 pounds this year. I log EVERYTHING daily but keep it private, too. Any of you powerhouse women can feel free to add me!
  • Mayerbabe
    Mayerbabe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Exactly the type of support I came here looking for. Need some buddies to be on MFP with and give and receive encouragement.

Third weight loss journey and need to be my last. Then onto maintenance for the long haul. Health issues with spine, muscles, nerves.

47 years young. Yorkie mom. Retired.

28 pounds down this round so far! Yes!
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    YES PLEASE!!!! I just turned 50 in Nov. Hard working (desk job) and mom of 5, 2 + 3 step. I need to lose probably 70 pounds, but will be very happy with 50! I need help, love and support and have the same to dish out in return. Live in Arizona. Looking forward to chatting with you all! Anyone please add.
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi all. 52 and looking to reduce from 231 to 125’ish. Menopause started last year but my hot flashes were not very bad until I started the diet. Now I’m down 30 pounds in 86 days…and the hot flashes come fast and furious at night, usually about 4 hours past evening meal and coincide with horrendous munchies. I’ve been reading how we store estrogen and other appetite inducing, blood sugar regulating hormones in our fat. Wondering if fat burn it causing this increase in hot flashes and late night cravings? Anyone else experiencing a similar phenomenon?
  • IslaChicaRuns
    IslaChicaRuns Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I’m a 61 year old mom (Empty nester now) who is trying to lose 25 pounds (yet again) after a rough year full of roadblocks (emotional and physical). Menopause? I’m still in it. 🙄
    I would love to support you in your journey!