LESS Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2023 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy I. remember feeling horrible after my second shingles shot. The first one was a breeze. Well, at least you won’t get shingles. You definitely do not want that! Hope your symptoms go away and that your ankle feels better soon!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 Glad you had a better day. I hope you have a great weekend.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    mfowler883 wrote: »
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    Hop Water - 4 C water + 1/2C hops boil and seep 5-10 min, strain.

Okay, the homebrewer in me really wants to see further experimentation with this. With beer, you might boil your wort for 45 minutes, for example. You might add hops early in the boil for more bittering, closer to the end for more flavoring, or right at flameout for more aroma. You can use different strains of hops at each stage, or combinations. Some strains are more floral, some more citrusy, some vaguely piney, etc. Some are more bitter than others.

Oh yeah, also, hops comes in various forms - whole cone and pellets being most common. There is a HUGE difference, which does the recipe call for? I'm assuming whole cone.

I really want to know how far this hops water thing can be taken, or if there's even a point to taking it that far. Maybe that would be overkill.
    -m

Unfortunately the book did not give me much direction regarding the hops. I picked up 2oz of Chinook Hops which has a citrus-y aroma and high bittering. The actual description reads:
    A pine forest washed with exotic spice infused with grapefruit. The alluring aroma and high bittering value has gained this hop the full respect of all brewers.

I think the next time I go to the beer supply store I will look at the other options. they also had the pellets but I did not want to experiment with them. I am also going to use more than 1/2C hops for the next batch I seep. I would like a stronger more pronounced flavor.