Think I'm about done with Facebook

Options
bikermike5094
bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
Really enjoy the friends, banter and support and information found here on MFP, I may hit FB once a day is all but that is slowly dwindling....

Replies

• prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have am the same way now I enjoy reading postive things not hearing about how awful your life is which is what most people put on FB
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Same boat here...
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Me too, I am not on it much anymore either, and now it is mostly for Words with Friends. Spend most of my on line time here.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I try not to be on either site too much but find myself here more. Now that I have Google+ I think I'm only going to use Facebook for my fitness page and some support groups I run.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am toning down my FB input. I don't like how open it is to anyone who googles you. I have deactivated my twitter account for the same reason.
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Definitely, once I joined here I was not on FB as much at all...I love the support here, not the constant negativity on FB, that seems like the place to go to complain, lol
  • JennNYCliving
    Options
    I know Im the same way! I hate how Facebook keeps changing there setting though... thats just annyoing and unneccasary! I love MPF for support. Knowing that there are others out there just like you trying to lose weight really is a boost in motivation. Facebook is slowly losing my interest anymore just social networking wise... Its just keeping to the point now that Facebook is being taken advantage of and being updated for no reason. People I really missleading the whole point of Facebook and why it was created in the first place... lol thats just my opinion.
  • taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    "its the end of the world as we know it."
  • chefswife67
    Options
    I feel the same way.. :smile:
    MFP is the New FaceBook.....:laugh:
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    I have am the same way now I enjoy reading postive things not hearing about how awful your life is which is what most people put on FB

This!
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I view them as two completely different things. No need to quit one because you like the other.

I get plenty of good support and exercise/fitness talk here, and it's been helping me TONS with dropping some pounds. But FB is where the people I know in real life are, and it's great for keeping up with real-life friends.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Facebook whoo?? lol. I enjoy MFP now over fb. We're all here for the same reasons. We offer support, motivation and it's a happy place. Facebook = whine..whine, whine, boohooo hoo, waa waa waa. Can't firggen tolerate it no more. I check in with family and that is all.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I completely deleted my FB page about a month ago! Was so sick of the drama, the whining/complaining, and the kiss arsing that went on (fakeness). Haven't regretted the decision...and honestly, spend FAR less time on the computer now...giving me MORE time to workout and make healthy choices!
    I just realized...truly...with the advent of internet/online chat and networking...I sat on my butt far too much. It contributed GREATLY to my weight gain over the years. I have a hard time with maintaining effective boundaries and it just ruled my life for too long. No longer...I'm FREEEEEEEEE! ;o)
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    WHAT is Facebook?!?!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same thing. I am on FB less and less. It used to be as soon as I sat at the computer I was on FB, now I find myself here.
  • taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I hate to divert people to a new drug when they are quitting one, but I like Google+ its worth a gander. In my opinion.
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    i prefer facebook, where my family and friends are.
  • anneke123456
    Options
    Two different sites to me, here is seperate friends people who care about weight loss and will help you along etc.

I like it here only here a week though but I do like it. Need more friends though. I keep looking for a like button when someone posts something cool lol
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I try not to be on either site too much but find myself here more. Now that I have Google+ I think I'm only going to use Facebook for my fitness page and some support groups I run.

I too, use mainly my Facebook page for my fitness progression page.
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I like both, facebook for family and friends and here for the support and motivation.

For those of you who commented about how facebook is just for complaining...maybe the friends you have on facebook who are complaining just need some support, someone to talk to and some encouragement...that shouldn't just be limited to only this site. Also if you are so tired of seeing it, you can change the settings on your facebook page to hide postings from specific people.