2022 not a good year

Options
10160923 Posts: 3 Member
Hey Everyone,
I joined bc I’ gained so much weight in 2022. I lost my oldest son in April 2022 and found myself eating my feelings. Hoping to find some positivity here to help me control my bad eating habits I’ve formed.

Replies

• Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am really sorry for your loss. I hope you have friends and family for support too, but you will find helpful people here who are positive and facing their own challenges. Its good that you were able to see even through your pain that your feelings are affecting your eating habits. By taking a realistic, long term approach and setting manageable goals you can meet in a step by step fashion you will make progress and the progress will hopefully help you build life long good habits to replace the ones you’ve adopted to cope in this horrible year. I suggest you look at some of the threads where people check in on goals or join challenges. Those seem to be the most interactive ways to get regular encouragement and support from folks with similar weight or exercise goals.
    Good luck, I am sending strength!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Your post caught my eye because I lost my mom in 2022, and I am doing the same thing, eating a lot and gaining weight. I just can't seem to get it back under control. I will send you a friend request. Maybe we can help each other get through this and get healthier.